Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Invitational and Absolute 1000 - 29th 30th May 2010 - Registration OPEN!!

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

Default Gracie Invitational and Absolute 1000 - 29th 30th May 2010 - Registration OPEN!!

Officially over 2 days, the competition will offer Gi and No Gi divisions and will be over 8 matted areas.

Day 1:
    All White Belt weight divisions

Blue Belt:
    Rooster: 57.5kg
    Super Feather: 64kg
    Feather: 70kg
    Medium Heavy: 88.3kg
    Heavy: 94.3kg
    Super Heavy: 100.5k
    Super Super Heavy: over 100.5kg

Day 2:
    All Kids Divisions
    All Womans Divisions
    Mens Blue Belt Light Weight: 76kg and Middle Weight: 82.3kg
    White Belt Absolute
    Blue Belt Absolute
    All Purple Belt Divisions
    All Black/Brown Belt Divisions
    "Absolute 1000" - Black/Brown and Purple Absolute Division.

Register here:
    http://www.efnsports.com/index.php?o...id=1&Itemid=26

The Absolute 1000 will comprise of the Black/Brown and Purple Belt Absolute Division. With the winner walking away with 1000 prize money. There will only be one fighter per academy permited. Fights will be fought for 6 minutes of constant action.

Sponsors for this event are Blackeagle and Tatami Fightwear.

Register here:
    http://www.efnsports.com/index.php?o...id=1&Itemid=26

How will the no gi section of the comp be decided?

By belt? Time training? Same Weight classes?

Any advice appreciated..

"
    Blue Belt and White belt Absolute Divisions will comprise of the finalist and semi finalist of each weight division with 'wild cards' added to the mix. "

aww man, i really wanna enter the absoulute but for medal winners and 'wild cards' how do i become a wild card!? flying arm bars? best get some serious training in so i can garrentee a spot in the absoulute and come back with a medal.

how likly is it that i could enter the absoulute if i dont get a medal? since they was having none of it at the grab and pull yesterday, i tryed but ah well. :P
    "Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

The No Gi registration will be open soon, but will be restricted numbers due to the size of the event.
    The weights will be the same as ADCC and will be fought under urban gorillaz rules.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bjjeu View Post
    The No Gi registration will be open soon, but will be restricted numbers due to the size of the event.
    The weights will be the same as ADCC and will be fought under urban gorillaz rules.

the absolute 1000 should be good an hopefully attract the best in the country. its guna be a classic.

Jude Samuel
    BJJ BlackBelt

Wildcards will be selected from either the best fighters on the day (or competitors that fought well during the year in other tournaments like the Kent or British Open) or if the finalist and/or semi finalist have decided not to compete, then we could award the place to the quarter finalist.

Questions for nogi..

1. Are heel hooks legal? (this would put me off)

2. Will there be experience categories or will everyone be lumped together in weight classes regardless of experience/belt?

Thanx..

In general, Urban Gorillaz rules split into over and under 2 years, with Heel Hooks and Toe Holds illegal at Novice, but legal at Advanced. Will let Jude confirm, but that's the old setup.

Take care,

Stalks
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkachu View Post
    In general, Urban Gorillaz rules split into over and under 2 years, with Heel Hooks and Toe Holds illegal at Novice, but legal at Advanced. Will let Jude confirm, but that's the old setup.

Take care,

Stalks
    thanx oli..gives me more of an idea..

i dont like the heel hook idea..

have to get my thinking cap on!