Thread: The Contender

Hybrid View

Default The Contender

Anyone know when/if the second one of these will be on TV?

The first one (with John Wayne Parr and Yodsenklai) was awesome and I've been looking for the second series but found nowt yet,

Any help would be good, cheers.

No Ideaa, but hopefully there will be one!
    First season was pretty good I must say, no doubting who was gonna win from the begining though..

GG

Looked like a set up for a JWP v Yod final from the start (from an outsiders POV) In My Very Humble Opinion

Eh... Wasnt the 2nd one aired last year sometime ?

2nd series was a total shambles never got going fighters flew out and where kept waiting, most ended up staying in thailand and running out of cash, having to fight while being told 'it will start soon'.... which it never did..

seeing as the contestants all had to qualify in their home countries in knock out tournies, then get themselves out to asia....bit harsh....

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    2nd series was a total shambles never got going fighters flew out and where kept waiting, most ended up staying in thailand and running out of cash, having to fight while being told 'it will start soon'.... which it never did..

seeing as the contestants all had to qualify in their home countries in knock out tournies, then get themselves out to asia....bit harsh....
    That's what I heard. Apparently it's fallen through, which is a big shame. I enjyed the first series (and Jamie Ong is fucking ace).

yep thats why Jordan flew home, some of the frenchies stayed on fighting on the islands etc to cover their costs, few of the others dotted about in BKK too...bit of a shame, though a few other tournaments put on - not contenders - but things like the Thailand vs France show at Lumpinee 3 weeks back and some other similar things

I saw that duane ludwig is in the next series...can't find a link, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.
    ...and Kit Cope is in it.
    Sponsored by...PASnutrition, G4MMA, Physicool, Garra fightwear!

Started watching the one with yod and JWP in it, about halfway through (not sure if its the first or second series) has anybody got a link to where to watch it?? I'd google it but most sites give your computer the electronic version of AIDS. Anybody got a reasonably safe site where i can watch it? From what I've seen it was awesome, would like to see it from the beginning.

Cheers guys
    Ross
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies