Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: all time fave thai fighters current and past

bad co have been the best Thai gym in the uK for years. they are now probably the best Thai gym in the world outside of thailand. they are simply leagues ahead of everyone else and seem to just get stronger every few months.
    Wicker camp and Keddles are probably second and third. Wicker camp are a very strong gym too and keddles produces very, very good women!
    of course there are up and coming gyms too like salford but they are not in the same league as bad co yet.
    i think kiatphontip uk is gonna be a very good gym once it has got going a little more.
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

id disagree - and not to be argumentative but

keddles have bernise and alexis rufus -

KO have Anna Z, Amanda Kelly, Alison Blease, Annabel Gilly at the moment have the best girls in the UK

look at the rankings

Touchgloves, Lucy Pain and the Legend that is Julie Kitchen

we have Challi Bassinah (2 titles) and Claire Haigh (2 different weight WPMF titles and fought at a 3rd)

so i think you are wrong on the womens front personally (ie just higlighting one name)- Id say you have a cpl of outstanding ladies about from different camps but overall KO at the moment has the biggest roster of top ranked women (and im from a 'competitor' gym round the corner)

after Bad Co i think you have a huge list of gyms with good fighters and not just a cpl as you suggest - i dont think its that clear cut -
    to me a sign that UKMT is on the up

more like 10-20 other names personally

just at the moment Bad Co have a strong strong lineup - and its their time
    Last edited by Yak; 16-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    id disagree - and not to be argumentative but

keddles have bernise and alexis rufus -

KO have Anna Z, Amanda Kelly, Alison Blease, Annabel Gilly at the moment have the best girls in the UK

look at the rankings

Touchgloves, Lucy Pain and the Legend that is Julie Kitchen

we have Challi Bassinah (2 titles) and Claire Haigh (2 different weight WPMF titles and fought at a 3rd)

so i think you are wrong on the womens front personally (ie just higlighting one name)- Id say you have a cpl of outstanding ladies about from different camps but overall KO at the moment has the biggest roster of top ranked women (and im from a 'competitor' gym round the corner)

after Bad Co i think you have a huge list of gyms with good fighters and not just a cpl as you suggest - i dont think its that clear cut -
    to me a sign that UKMT is on the up

more like 10-20 other names personally

just at the moment Bad Co have a strong strong lineup - and its their time
    I agree; KO have a really strong female team of fighters at the moment; to add to Yak's list they also have Claudia Celdr & Isabelle Arenga fighting at a decent level.

yak i completely agree, KO now have outstanding female talent base but keddles have had also had Nicky Carter, Rebecca donelly, Lucy Hunkings as well as Bernise and Alexis. but yes, KO have some great girls at the minute. i gave wicker and keddles as my personal opinion of gyms after bad company as exceptional gyms but of course there are many more, they would just be my pick of the next two.
    bad co have been strong for ages though, not just now...lisa houghton smith was beating world class opposition years before Liam, Andy, Jordan, badger, etc.
    you're right though, its a sign that UK MT is up there at the very top level and its also very easy for the lesser known gyms to have access to these guys to learn from too, its much easier for someone to go and train with Liam than it is for someone in MMA to go and train with GSP!!!
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix

Default current world champion

The current muay thai world champion- Johnney Roye is my all time fav:

www.jrgym.co.uk

facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...id=57775795813

Quote Originally Posted by thaison View Post
    147 fights is that right?
    went to watch johnny's last fight a while back and am sure when they introduced him his fight record was 20something wins and 1 defeat.

prob including Amateurs (other martial arts?_)too as think the only people with that amount of pro fights are the thais over here at the various gyms

Apideh Sit Hurin - The living legend, over 70 years old now and can still hold the pads! I think around 300 matches at least. My first muay thai teacher in thailand many years ago. The kicker of the century, has broken many arms and leg bones (including thigh) from the power in his kicks. Also a master of tricks and sneaky knockout strikes. Theres a statue of him in Bangkok and hes still going hence "the living legend" title. Still gets up at first light and does his running. Was an amazing fighter and is a really nice guy.

...cool but he wasnt a thai fighter