Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Become an MMA fighter with Padwork, grappling flow drills, Southern Mantis, Qi Gong

Thumbs down Become an MMA fighter with Padwork, grappling flow drills, Southern Mantis, Qi Gong

Many students want a comprehensive training session which covers a multitude of fighting styles and also covers the very close range of fighting when someone grabs you, throws you or drags you to the ground. This must be practical and provide a good competitive workout for the student. Also a number of people are attracted to the martial arts after watching such shows as the Ultimate Fighter and UFC.

To ensure that we cater for this area of training we have taken our Championship Kickboxing and K1 skills under Tony Willis Chief Instructor of 5 Elements and a WAKO certified MMA coach and couple this with the supreme skills of Fergus our Grappling coach.This gives us fantastic MMA training skills which you can enjoy either as a recreational student or to allow you to enter MMA and cage fighting competitions.

For Competition we strongly support the WAKO organisation and their amateur MMA circuit which allows students a first step into MMA with a stricter rule set to allow the to develop the competition side within a more controlled environment.

This course is not an easy option and includes very physical training based predominantly around grappling flow drills with a partner and pad work. If you are looking for an intense practical workout then this is for you.
    5 Elements Martial Arts Kickboxing, Ladies Kickercise, Southern Mantis Kung Fu, Warrior Eskrima, Grappling, Little Dragons & Juniors

I hope more kickboxing organisations start devaluing MMA to make money out of it; fuck it, why not, thats what its there for right? Now where's my dan belt...?
    Last edited by john joe; 17-03-2010 at 12:22 PM.

dont want to bad mouth any club ~ but I have been doing Karate for 25 years and I still advertise myself as a Karate Class with Ju Jitsu aspects.

It makes me laugh when clubs change their profiles to make money.

My company is called CKA Martial Arts Supplies ~ the CKA stands for Community Karate Academy ~ Karate is my Martial Arts and always will be.

Sadly I'm starting to see this more and more - Traditional clubs jumping on the MMA bandwagon to try and cash in on the popularity of MMA.....

no no no you have it all wrong, i am showing you the future of mma here

very physical training based predominantly around grappling flow drills with a partner and pad work
    will apparently
    allow you to enter MMA and cage fighting competitions.

Interesting, I'll give him a quick ring now to try and find out more about these classes.

young sexton for the win,i'm looking forward to this one!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

Yeah that should be taking off soon, hes just recieved a phone call from the 'UFC UK law team'.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Sexton View Post
    Yeah that should be taking off soon, hes just recieved a phone call from the 'UFC UK law team'.
    ha ha ha,did you record it???
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

If it was just training people who want to learn the elements of MMA without actually fighting then surely it would be a good thing.
    More people into it helps the sport grow.

However its when he says this training will ready you for the cage that it takes away from all the years of hard work a lot of guys have put into getting to their position.
    Some kid looking at that will think a few weeks of padwork & grappling drills & I'll be up there with Hardy, Semtex & Bisping etc.

Sad thing is that as MMA grows this sort of thing will become the norm leading to more twats in Tapout shirts claiming to train in UFC.
    Great!

I never thought i would find a place where i can train mma and do kickercise under one roof,im a happy man.