Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 BJJ Black Belts

Quote Originally Posted by Nimmy View Post
    where does Maia sit here?
    He is defo awesome, check out his fight with Jacare (it's on Youtube), but he never competed in the Mundials. I think he won one of the other world champs once.

I know a guy who will know the full info... lol
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Very good replies, much appreciated. I suppose i wanted to know 2 catagories, Black belts currently competing, and teaching Black Belts.
    All responses much appreciated
    sharratt79

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    He is defo awesome, check out his fight with Jacare (it's on Youtube), but he never competed in the Mundials. I think he won one of the other world champs once.

I know a guy who will know the full info... lol
    bronze in 2005 at the Mundials, 3 gold, a silver and a bronze from the CBJJO Copa Do Mundo and a gold and a silver at ADCC. He is good but not a true great in comparison to some of the others mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by sharratt32 View Post
    Very good replies, much appreciated. I suppose i wanted to know 2 catagories, Black belts currently competing, and teaching Black Belts.
    All responses much appreciated
    too subjective really, if you tried to use objective measures, then maybe current reigning champions of major tournaments. If you wanted to take it to extremes then braulio and roger are weight/absolute champs in adcc/mundials respectively.

in terms of teaching, who knows, one teachers style may gel well with someone and be hated by someone else. Guys like Shawn Williams, John Danaher, Draculinho, Ze Beleza, Renzo, Mario Sperry, Rodrigo Medeiros (the Carlson's one) and a host of others all have good reps. the most successful by team is probably Jacare/Gurgel at alliance. the most successful by elite students is probably Royler (Saulo & Xande).

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    Active gi competitors p4p

cobrinha
    Roger Gracie
    Braulio Estima
    Rafael Mendes
    Romulo Barral
    Marcelo Garcia
    Andre Galvao
    Xande Ribeiro
    Tarsis Humphries
    Fabricio Werdum