Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Default Pricing

First post been looking on the forum for a good while now, great forum. Just a general queation regarding BJJ, do you feel it prices out people? There are many young people that would love to start BJJ but find that a lot of pure BJJ gyms i.e Gracie Barra are very expensive and almost impossible to afford. I love the sport and MMA myself but I know a lot more people that would come could they afford it.

how much is gracie barra?
    PROFESSIONAL MMA SHIT.
    LIKES FREE STUFF.
    GIVE ME MONEY.

Quote Originally Posted by markjitsu View Post
    how much is gracie barra?
    Ranges from 60 to 90 a month to train properly 75-90, not knocking them world class training, it just seems so many people want to train it and cant afford it, general observation.

Gracie Barra Swansea and Cardiff are 50 for unlimited lessons in either location. Currently 10 lessons a week in Swansea and 2 in Cardiff. Or 5 per lesson.

Don't think that is too bad? Certainly not almost impossible to afford!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Gracie Barra Swansea and Cardiff are 50 for unlimited lessons in either location. Currently 10 lessons a week in Swansea and 2 in Cardiff. Or 5 per lesson.

Don't think that is too bad? Certainly not almost impossible to afford!
    must vary across the country. Very good that.

gracie barra in the uk are not a centrally run group like a fitness first, they are a loosely connected group of clubs run by different instructors/affiliated to different instructors.

Prices will vary enormously across the country as indeed they would do for any clubs - a training session in salford will be less than one in central london regardless of who is running it.

The more professionally run/full time clubs are likely to offer a wider range of lessons across a week giving you more options to train too.

Pedro Bessa 6 (5 students) a lesson in Cardiff (think it's the same in Bristol) very reasonable

j sho spot on, like property its location location location, a spot in west london or bang in the centre of canary wharf will of course mean higher fees than an industrial estate on the outskirts of town.

There are some good deals to be had it all depends on location i suppose. I mean I travel 35 Miles to train BJJ and then 35 miles back home, plus I'm only a student so at 5 a lesson.. I don't train as often as I would like to.
    I mean I could easily train for 2.50 and walk to the local Jiu-Jitsu club saving myself soo much money, but the Quality of training is a lot better and therefore I have to travel..

As they say; you pay for what you get, and with GB it's worth every penny.

GG

Obviously if you're not working then it's going to be tough to shell out 50 to 100 a month to train. But if you're in employment, even if you're on a modest income, I really think it's worth the money.

I know guys who are on 17 to 20k a year. In London that's not a great wage and they always tell me how they'd love to 'come and train UFC' with me but it's just too expensive.

My problem with this is that these same guys always manage to find at least 50-80 almost every friday and saturday night to out and get smashed off their tits.

I pay 70 a month to train in London. That's just a fraction of what these guys above piss up the wall and snort up their nose every weekend. My point is, if training is important to you, then it's very affordable when compared with many other pastimes.

The only times where I've had my doubts is when because of work or injury, I've not been able to take advantage of as many of the classes on offer each month as I'd like to. If you can get to training at least 3 to 4 times a week then 60 to 90 a month is well worth the price. It's when you can't make it, for whatever reason, that you start to think if it's worth the money or not. I never feel that way for long though.

Training has become a priority for me, as my mood and my general mental and physical well being depends on being able to train frequently.