Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are cauliflower ears way overated

Default are cauliflower ears way overated

After a mini surgery to my right ear last year, I once again have a cauli ear forming.
    Although I am aware of the implications to leaving it and not having the clot taken out. I'm actually starting to grow quite fond of it now.
    The worse bit i can see is having to explain why my ear looks like its been chewed up by a pitbull. Is this a small price to pay for having the grapplers ultimate trophy.

I have one, the other is totally normal.

Other than cosmetic issues I asked my mate (audiologist) and he said the only major issues he can imagine are;

- if you ever need a hearing aid fitted and have really bad cauli, it may not be possible

- really bad cauli itself could cause hearing difficulty

Obviously if it bursts when it's fresh (see: James Thompson) you also run the risk of infection.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

My ears look fine from the outside but I have a tiny cauli inside my right ear which means that whenever I wear in-ear earphones the right one keeps popping out. Damn annoying.

Ear phones are a no no for me to.

Sign of hard work and dedication imo. I do believe some are more predetermined to get them than others, however, mine have'nt got any worse for about 10 years now so maybe I need to get my arse in gear

Was looking at that james thompson pic, and this came up along side it lol

https://secure.finishlinestudios.com...rCoffeeMug.JPG

I want cauliflower ears
    Before id look at a guy with scars and broken nose and think wow he's tough.....now tho I think wow he gets hit alot,silly sod
    But if I see a bloke with cauliflower ear I think wow respect, don't knock over he's pint
    Red Gi yellow Gi cardboard box

i wanted cauiliflower ears untill i got my ear bitten off :/ now i wish they wer normel now. have to wear a head gaurd every time i role now :/
    Justin Dee

Cauli ears aren't nice imo, my right ear is cauli'd up a bit and the top of my left ear is also. wear a head guard when your ears feel hot/tender and put vaseline on them everytime you roll.

I have cauli ears and I'm no hard case believe me!
    Celtic Pride Martial Arts, Abertillery, Gwent
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Thai Boxing
    Mixed Martial Arts

head guards are gay like Scott