Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are cauliflower ears way overated

Head guards are only acceptable when you already have a sore ear. I think that's the rule at most gyms.

Scott solid , I wouldnt mess
    Ok. So iv only been rolling now for a couple of month , but Iv never felt any knocks or presure on my lugs ..... am I doing it wrong ?
    Red Gi yellow Gi cardboard box

Mine started after 2 years training, my coach got hos after about 5 years!
    Celtic Pride Martial Arts, Abertillery, Gwent
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Thai Boxing
    Mixed Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by 1inchPonch View Post
    Head guards are only acceptable when you already have a sore ear. I think that's the rule at most gyms.

As long as it is a soft shell one they should be fine to wear regardless, prevention better than cure and all that. I have worn one when sparring for the best part of 4 years now since I last had a small cauli.

I find it kinda annoying how people wear headgear when they've never had cauli. If you know youre prone, wear em. Otherwise just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob kelly View Post
    I want cauliflower ears
    Before id look at a guy with scars and broken nose and think wow he's tough.....now tho I think wow he gets hit alot,silly sod
    But if I see a bloke with cauliflower ear I think wow respect, don't knock over he's pint
    try sleeping and waking up constantly when your ear's feel like some one stabbing them and see if you still want em
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

No point waiting until you get cauliflower ears before you start wearing earguards. I've got a tiny amount in both ears- barely noticable. As soon as the cold weather arrives, my ears are the first parts to get cold.

Unless you're a pro, BJJ is only a small part of our lives. Outside of training, damaged ears are not cool to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob kelly View Post
    I want cauliflower ears
    Before id look at a guy with scars and broken nose and think wow he's tough.....now tho I think wow he gets hit alot,silly sod
    But if I see a bloke with cauliflower ear I think wow respect, don't knock over he's pint
    Cauliflower ears are the last thing you need. Your ugly enough already.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies