Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marc Laimon Belt Acquisition

Default Marc Laimon Belt Acquisition

I hear Marc acquired his belts in incredibly short time; is this true?, someone tell me a bit of background about him please?

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Hers what Wiki says about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Laimon
    Meh...........

lol, Marc Laimon should sort his own wiki out, that's pretty crap!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

He started off at the gracie academy when they had guys at White and blue belt for years, ithink once he left and had some competition access he got the higher belts fairly promptly, but not superfast. He once beat dean lister, jeff monson and chris Brennan inthe same day at a grapplers quest iirc.

He used to make some really good grappling remix tapes where he would break down matches and focus on key details wih a funky music background but adcc threatened to kick nova uniao out of all future adcc due to his copyright infringement of their events so NU kicked laimon out.

Iirc he has a back problem that stopped him from competing over the last few years.

Great grappler and his remix tapes are absolutely epic, got every single one and eventhough its been years since I downloaded them I still watch them occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sho View Post
    Iirc he has a back problem that stopped him from competing over the last few years.
    Wasnt something about this mentioned on TUF 4 by Matt Serra who thought Laimon was a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky14 View Post
    Wasnt something about this mentioned on TUF 4 by Matt Serra who thought Laimon was a dick?
    Everyone cept his students seem to think he is a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sho View Post
    He started off at the gracie academy when they had guys at White and blue belt for years, ithink once he left and had some competition access he got the higher belts fairly promptly, but not superfast. He once beat dean lister, jeff monson and chris Brennan inthe same day at a grapplers quest iirc.

He used to make some really good grappling remix tapes where he would break down matches and focus on key details wih a funky music background but adcc threatened to kick nova uniao out of all future adcc due to his copyright infringement of their events so NU kicked laimon out.

and Ricco Rodriquez I think, that he beat in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky14 View Post
    Serra thought laimon was unqualified to comment on mma fighters' prowess given he himself was not an mma fighter.

Yeah I know nothing about his 'belt acquisitions' I can confirm he comes across as a total tosser!!