Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dislocated my knee :(

Default Dislocated my knee :(

Not even in a cool way, bit of boisterous sparring and i got pushed into the ring, it hit my knee awkwardly, my leg carried on underneath and jarred my knee out of its joint. As i straightened my leg it popped back in (hurt like a bitch) But what a gay way to do it as well. I don't think I'll be training monday but possibly tuesday or wednesday I'll be ok.

Main question is, is there anywhere i can get a knee strap, where i can get good support (just while i recover properly, as it feels a bit weak at the minute) that doesn't restrict movement. The ones I've seen hold the knee firmly in place, but for checking kicks etc, I'll need a bit of movement. If anybody could help or knows where i can get one like this, I'd appreciate it. C.K.A Martial Arts maybe?

Cheers guys
    Ross
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

i got a decent lonsdale one from ebay as my knee was hurting from running so much. about 20 and it worked very well

although i did buy a size too small and the first time i wore it running i ended up on the ground crying in the middle of the high street with cramp!! thing was so tight so i stopped to take it off and as soon as i did bang! never been in so much pain!

Banned

Ahh Fucking hell not good Ross!

Does it still hurt now?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/lonsdale...179?src=google

Something like this fella? It looks like it has some sort of cut in it that allows some movement. The others I've seen just hold the knee in place and make you walk like you have a peg leg. I'll need more movement but this looks ideal. Is this the one you mean mate? Also, what had you done to your knee that made it hurt so much? Was it just the size too small business?
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

You might have twisted it, but if you reckon that you will be back by tues/wed then there is no way you dislocated it. That would probably mean surgery. You may have partially torn the meniscus or one of the ligaments in the joint (ACL, PCL, collateral ligaments). Don't risk a full blow out. Rest until it's better.

It came out of place, my leg was bizzarrely shapen, then as i straightened it, it went back in. It definately disclocated, but briefly, not properly where it stays like that, more of a jar. I can hardly walk on it now. Had 2 baths since lol, been rubbing tiger balm on it. I will rest it now but I think perhaps it was ambition monday or tuesday. I'll take it easy and see how it goes. But its not as bad as when my brother did it, was strapped up for 6 weeks and 9 weeks physio after that. So it was definately more of a quick dislocation/jar than anything else. Cheers B-R.

I hope it heals soon. When i hurt my knee it was several weeks before I could walk and about 6 months before i could start playing football again. It hasn't been the same since.

I did my right knee in playing rugby as a kid, always been concious of it since, but had no other problems, i think its more mental than anything else.

As for the left one, since it was only a jar, i should be ok. Just take it easy, plenty of baths and deep heat and stretching. And not spar with a crazy guy again lol.

I porperly dislocated my knee and I was out from all exercise for 6 weeks. stop milking it you poof.

Get bent!!