Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dislocated my knee :(

For you to dislocate your knee, you have to fully tear some ligaments. They rarely happen except in car crashes, falls from buildings etc. Sounds more like it momentarily bent out of its usual range, which could be confused for a dislocation.

If you're having trouble walking on it and or it's swollen, get it checked out. If it was as gory as you say, you might have torn something that won't get better on its own. When I tore my ACL, LCL and posterolateral corner (v. bad injury), I just hobbled about for a week before going to A and E. It was a stupid thing to do cos I could have damaged it further and it just put me down on the waiting list for MRI and surgery.

Off the shelf knee braces offer very little support if you've damaged a ligament. It's like trying to fix your car with sellotape!

Hope it gets better soon!
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Cheers mate, i like the analogy lol. Its stiffened up more today which i expected. All injuries do get a bit worse the day after. Its nowhere near as serious as that, I think I may have done some damage to something, I'm going to see how it goes, It may have just bent out of shape momentarily. But it was most definately out of the joint.

Going to take it easy and see how it goes, if its not any better by mid week I'll go get it checked out. I don't want to get there, wait 5 hours, then get told it was jarred out of place, and give me a bit of tubing for it.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Sounds painful mate. Never let anyone push you into getting in there next time, sit back and say no.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

Quote Originally Posted by ross90 View Post
    Going to take it easy and see how it goes, if its not any better by mid week I'll go get it checked out. I don't want to get there, wait 5 hours, then get told it was jarred out of place, and give me a bit of tubing for it.
    Fair enough, it is a pain having to wait around! If you don't fancy A and E, your GP can examine you and should be able to tell you if there are any tears to the ligaments.
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by 6million$man View Post
    Fair enough, it is a pain having to wait around! If you don't fancy A and E, your GP can examine you and should be able to tell you if there are any tears to the ligaments.
    Thanks mate I didn't know that. I'll make an appointment then if it doesn't seem to get better. at the minute it feels like my knee can't support my weight if you get me..? Like it could pop back out. That might be more, in my head though.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Thanks mate I didn't know that. I'll make an appointment then if it doesn't seem to get better. at the minute it feels like my knee can't support my weight if you get me..? Like it could pop back out. That might be more, in my head though.
    At least the doc can give you some crutches a physio referal. It might be a while before you can train again.

Get bent!!
    mine did bend yours didn't.

but I would maybe rest it for a bit longer than 2 days If I were you because if you just jump back in and fuck it up even more, then you might have to live with it for life.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    You might have twisted it, but if you reckon that you will be back by tues/wed then there is no way you dislocated it. That would probably mean surgery. You may have partially torn the meniscus or one of the ligaments in the joint (ACL, PCL, collateral ligaments). Don't risk a full blow out. Rest until it's better.
    Good advice. I know you might want to get back to training but this is one of those times where you need to listen to your body rather than your pride. After such an injury as descirbed your risk for further re-injury in the early stages are much increased. You have less awareness of joint position (Proprioception), your muscles around the joint may be working at a higher tone as a compensation for support of instability plus if you have any soft tissue damage that needs time to heal. I'm not saying not to train but just be careful and don't look to do anything aggresive or that irritates it. Rest, recover and grade yourself back to activity mate and you can carry on training and progressing. Look after yourself mate and stay cool.

Peace
    If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Quote Originally Posted by vileniall View Post
    mine did bend yours didn't.

but I would maybe rest it for a bit longer than 2 days If I were you because if you just jump back in and fuck it up even more, then you might have to live with it for life.
    Lmao! I know....

Ok mate yeah, Im getting similair advice, so i think Im going to rest all of next week regardless. I'll also bare in mind what B-R said and book the GP if it doesn't get any better. I bloody hate A and E. I think as it was not a proper dislocation I haven't damaged it as badly as i could have, so i thank my lucky stars for that.

But hopefully after a week of rest i should be ok. Thanks for all the advice and anybody whos replied guys I appreciate it. And Vileniall for the more helpful second post