Thread: Injured shin

Default Injured shin

Just after some advice...

Hurt my shin checking a kick in January, got a big painful lump come up, ice and rested it for a bit and it got better(ish). Had a fight coming up so i took it easy in terms of full contact and the shin was ok. Then on fight night got my shin kicked to pieces (as would expect) this was in mid February.

Now with it being near the end of March, its still not better, its painful to touch and on the occasions i try and throw a kick and it lands on that spot (which is inevitable) it causes instant severe pain and a large lump

so....what do you think i've done???
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

sounds like you chipped a bone in your shin, i had this at the bottom of my shin it takes long to heal and for the lump to disappear just go easy on your shin at training. you might wanna go doctor cuz i dont remember it bein severely painful for much longer then a week
    30% Discount on Dianabol When you enter promotional code : R01DR4GE at bouncecup.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKlinch View Post
    sounds like you chipped a bone in your shin, i had this at the bottom of my shin it takes long to heal and for the lump to disappear just go easy on your shin at training. you might wanna go doctor cuz i dont remember it bein severely painful for much longer then a week
    thanks klinch, it still hurts to touch , i didn't say but it actually still has the visible egg shape too!

Dr's it is for me in the week i reckon then .... i been training on it but only pulled feinted leg kicks on that side i've not actually made anything resembling contact with it as it hurts too much

what do they do about a chipped bone then ??
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    Just after some advice...

Hurt my shin checking a kick in January, got a big painful lump come up, ice and rested it for a bit and it got better(ish). Had a fight coming up so i took it easy in terms of full contact and the shin was ok. Then on fight night got my shin kicked to pieces (as would expect) this was in mid February.

Now with it being near the end of March, its still not better, its painful to touch and on the occasions i try and throw a kick and it lands on that spot (which is inevitable) it causes instant severe pain and a large lump

so....what do you think i've done???
    Hey man, sorry to hear your injured. It sounds like you have some soft tissue damage mate, as previously mentioned you may have damaged your bone also. The main thing is to control the irration factor. If you avoid doing anything on it (which is initially good) but then when its better go straight back into something heavy without preparation then it will justflare up again. You need to get into a good routine of using ice, anti inflammatories and reduction in impact on it. Then once you have controlled it build up activity on it slowly. You could also get a deep tissue massage to try and breakdown any scar tissue but again if you do you will need to take a bit of time to rest after that. If you can find a good sports therapist that would be advisable. Anyway I hope that helps and you make a speedy recovery.

Peace
    If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

they dont do nothin if its a chipped bone it'll just dissolve in time
    30% Discount on Dianabol When you enter promotional code : R01DR4GE at bouncecup.com