Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whose Muay Thai impresses you most in MMA?

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

I thought Mark Glover's Thai was fucking incredible against One-Two Pastou.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Rob McCullough has a nice style to watch, very technically good
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

steve_langford

can we get some vids posted guys? Im keen to watch some of these guys in action

gotta be jose aldo
    Mark Platts Fly/bantamweight 10/7/0

Indeed my serious answer would second razor rob. His muay thai is fantastic. Few years back, might have said yves edwards. Love that fella.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

What is 'True Muay Thai'?

Just because the Dutch tend to use there hands more doesnt make it a different style.
    Pacqiaou(?) and Mayweather have completely different styles but both are boxers.
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Williams View Post

Just because the Dutch tend to use there hands more doesnt make it a different style.
    Pacqiaou(?) and Mayweather have completely different styles but both are boxers.
    dutch style kickboxing was as much Kyokushin karate mixed with boxing as it was muay thai, or so i am told. traditionally muay thai dosnt have alot of punchs at all apart from streight punchs and swings and if you watch some of the old fights its just two guys standing in the middle of the ring trading blows until one drops. Today there alot closer as thay have adapted to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    actually whilst daley is 'dutch rules really now' his early fights in cage rage for me had the best adaptation of true MT - still think he throws the best proper thai elbows in the game ....

silvas is good, etims also v good....

jon jones has phil nurses style through and through....put him in a pair of thai shorts and hes a lanky version of phil !

best thai though (non ufc) ramba m16 somdet....even in his MMA he throughs killer bodykicks....
    He rarely throws the power roundhouse though usually just the left kick.

If your going to go with people like that then malaipet should be up there although I think he's mainly cross trained in groundfighting not TDD.

Josh thomson is probably not the chief MT guy in mma but he used lots of nice strikes in his first fight with gilbert melendez that you rarely see like front kicks to the body and head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Williams View Post

I kind of agree this can get nauseatingly semantic.

I'd say if you look at the way yod hits the pads at 15 seconds in you can see he doesn't focus on keeping a tight boxing guard or anything like that just focuses on thumping the pads as hard as he physically can;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUAUoHtsc48

If he had cross-trained boxing like many K-1 fighters and buakaw did for max then returning his hand to his face and keeping a tight boxing guard might be higher on his list of priorities.

The results speak for themselves because yod knocks a lot of guys out with his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Those leg kicks were destroying Lawler until... well, you know.
    Manhoefs leg kicks in that fight immediately made me want to take Muay Thai seriously.