Thread: Training in thailand

Hybrid View

Default Training in thailand

I'm going thailand at end of year and been thinkin of doing a wk training there if not nxt time I go maybe time after.I'm pretty new 2 muay thai.which camps do u advise to try and wot price am I looking at

ok

are you fussed as to where you stay i.e accomodation
    are you fussed about location i.e do you HAVE to be near a beach, happy in a city, particularly want to be in the countryside or mountains

do you train solely or mainly MMA? i.e not going to fight thai?

as all this will effect the choices in my view

my favorite gym is jittigym...www.jittigm.com as its like a family home to me now , however lots of others about depending on your above wants..

as a guide training is between 400-600 baht a day (depends on ex rate as this moves) at the moment its 9-12.50 a day....

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    ok

are you fussed as to where you stay i.e accomodation
    are you fussed about location i.e do you HAVE to be near a beach, happy in a city, particularly want to be in the countryside or mountains

do you train solely or mainly MMA? i.e not going to fight thai?

as all this will effect the choices in my view

my favorite gym is jittigym...www.jittigm.com as its like a family home to me now , however lots of others about depending on your above wants..

as a guide training is between 400-600 baht a day (depends on ex rate as this moves) at the moment its 9-12.50 a day....
    Not 2 botherd bout accomadation but have 2 be half decent.at this gym u say what would be price all in 4 me 2 go mon 2 friday.as I'm pretty new 2 this ,is it ok 4 beginers.eventualy going 2 go into mma,just train judo 4 last 5 year and want 2 improve stand up before makin switch

I trained at Jitti's lastw eek, very very good

In Phuket now at Tiger Camp, just started Blogging my trip on http://thefightingphotographer.blogspot.com gonna post when I can and try and pass on as much info as poss

F

tiger too big for me personally, however good for MMA, and always 'faces' around ie UFC guys which attract a lot of attention - however cant knock it as one of our lives and fights out off their and we have one of their trainers coming over for a few weeks....

jittis welcomes everyone experienced of not, male and female (unlike many camps) and is one of the few that is self owned and doesnt 'buy in' fighters

in all honesty its pretty hard to go wrong but I prefer Bangkok camps over island ones myself......i like to go just to train
    Last edited by Yak; 23-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Jitti gym without a doubt. fantastic gym with some of the best trainers in bangkok...watcharachai kewsamirit, rajasak sor vorapin, chanoy, supernoi, serm dariram.
    some of the best thai boxers in uk train there regularly, and the trainers there are fantastic whatever your level. Always loads of good sparring partners and plenty of thai's to clinch with. they have some big padmen like serm too who are great for bigger westerners.
    its 15mins from airport and accomodation is really good.

i train at jitti's in bangkok and lamai (wmc) in samui.

the islands are better if you want to take the training a bit easier and do loads of other stuff too. Bangkok is pretty full on and unless you have loads of money, there's not a whole lot to do other than train.
    Marianne.

Team Phoenix