Thread: So when your thighs have been battered and the next day you can barely walk........

Hybrid View

Default So when your thighs have been battered and the next day you can barely walk........

..........do you still manage to get to training that night?

I am in this very predicament right now. I want to train but my thighs are not so keen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    ..........do you still manage to get to training that night?

I am in this very predicament right now. I want to train but my thighs are not so keen.
    After squats or maybe taking heavy low kicks through a pad/ when sparring I find it helpful to train again.

Obviously dont go getting kicked on the thigh or lift heavy, but getting the blood flow to that area helps aid recovery & loosens off the muscles.

massage..............

I was told that if you go to training when feeling this way, you won't feel it once you've warmed up.

Not tried it myself though.

to be honest if its due to bruising etc, getting kicked again on the same spot wont help and if its more than just surface bruising you could make it worse....you need to train sensibly. get massaged do some stretching and work around it

Yeah, train but make your coach/partners aware that you are sore - your team should look after you too! Iconoclast - you definitely feel it when you are warmed up but it isn't as bad and I think it helps to keep the blood flowing.
    The best moment of my life was being punched in the face by Liam Harrison.