Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member in need of advice

Cool New Member in need of advice

hi all,
    just wanted to introduce myself here. I started training in MMA earlier this year but I've been involved in it for years. I'm currently training in Manchester and It's awesome.

now, I know a lot of guys use protein supplements while training, but i'm wondering whether they work, or just make you pile on the pounds. I'm currently about 88kg and i need to lose some fat but put on a bit of muscle. wanna get down to about 82kg maybe.

so if the protein supplements work, when do I use them, how often and at what quantity?

cheers!!

I'm not expert but I had great results from Omni-MX ( all in one ) after a work out and another time during the day when I wasn't have a meal ( usually had high protein intake every 2-3 hours ), worked like a treat.

whether you need them or not and how much and when you should take them depends on your training schedule and diet, what does your current setup look like?

hi, cheers for the replys.
    ive just seen there is a special section for nutritional advise too, so sorry about that.

i'm currently training about 4 hours a week and my diet is pretty normal, for a person not training. i seem to eat a lot of carbs, and some protein, but not a great amount. i just dont wanna pile on the pounds by using protien supplements when i shouldnt.

cheers

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I use this:

http://www.discount-supplements.co.u...d.asp?id=10920

I am dropping weight like hell mate, train hard and you need protein otherwise you will struggle to gain muscle, whats your body type and that?
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

oh cool. i might invest in some.
    I'm about 6ft and stocky. just got a bit too much meat and gravy on my bones! wanna get rid of the unnecessary weight.
    is there any specific diet i should adhere to, to make sure i optimize the effectiveness of it all? as i say i seem to eat quite a lot of carbs, pasta, rice etc. but i do eat a lot of meats too.

I personally follow the grapplers handbook and related recipe book and I have dropped 7 stone so it works Feel great too.

If you want a copy PM me bud

oh awesome.

just PM'd you.

cheers mate.
    Amatuer 0-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSt.Clair View Post
    I personally follow the grapplers handbook and related recipe book and I have dropped 7 stone so it works Feel great too.

If you want a copy PM me bud
    How much did you weigh before then? fair play thats a massive loss!

Quote Originally Posted by sirving View Post
    How much did you weigh before then? fair play thats a massive loss!
    Theres a thread kicking bout somewhere on here mate, can't be botherd finding it lol.

I was around 20 stone at one point down to under 14 now, round 13st 11 ish, hard work and dieting all I used, I am chuffed so far

Cheers btw