Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joining the TA?

Quote Originally Posted by PieDog View Post
    Unfortunately not mate. Dropped out near start of ph2. fucked my knee up pretty good. was devastated. its uncanny how much you get attatched to it,
    I know mate, thats unfortunate, you do hunters moon? A load of lads from my old troop got put in hunter because of that fuckin ex.

I was a fanny and bailed out before (nah seriously between PRMC and RT my missus fell pregnant and i made a decision to postpone training rather than be biff and get there and be a jack useless cunt) Should be back on PRMC next jan sometime, I thought i could find another career, but after 100 applications 30 tests and 5 interviews, Im still no closer.

So bollocks to it lol. You ever think about going back Reserve? Or takin the plunge and going reg?
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

I'd fucking love to go back. In fact i asked about it about 2 years ago, caused loads of shite with the wife as she didn't want me to, but anyway my current employer stated they wouldnt allow it, so after i finally persuaded my missus to be ok with it, i had to bin the idea anyway. bollocks.
    I get the feeling in years to come im gonna look back on it as a massive opportunity wasted. Always gonna think i missed out
    Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Everyone always thinks that way mate. All ex nods and that, miss the crack and banter, even the beastings on the bottom field Tell them to get te fuck and go regs Just messin mate, I doubt the missus would be too pleased like.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

PieDog, if you go by any thread on ARRSE about this they'd tell you to fuck her off and get going mate lol

to be fair the TA is for the regs who still miss the commaraderie and the job. but for the people who join straight off are mostly just enjoying playing soldiers.

Its worth joining the TA to gain an idea of the way the Army works, getting used to drill, physical training, weapon drills, putting up with vast ammounts of bullshit and being beasted as well as the odd shower rape I would recommend it.

Even in a support arms regiment within the army if you are used to being at home and your mam looking after you or giving her a big hug on a night you will still find basic training a big steaming pile of horse shite, anyone who disagree is lying because it is a utter steaming pile of horse shit, but its meant to be, if you can say to yourself I could do that if your typical day includes; Getting up at 5:00am getting washed and cleaned, shaved and get rid of any over growing hair anywhere, then sorting your billet out, putting your kit on making sure you dont have any loose threads or egg/chocolate or spunk stains on your kit, ironing your kit if you couldnt be arse the night before or you spent the night weaping about missing home.
    Then having a clean around your sections room and making sure your personal drawer is locked.
    Going out on the drill sqaure and being inspected and declaring that you are fit to work today, having some rather nice grub, then getting changed into PT gear going on one of so many fitness runs, 1.5 mile run, 6 mile run, a big run, shuttle runs, runs up some hills, running on the spot, run around camp or maybe some curcuits or some other type of running.
    then you might have a spot of dinner again with this you dont just wander around you have to move together as a platoon.
    after lunch it might be a session on rifle drills, stripping the remarkable rifle which isthe SA80, stripping it, putting it back together, shouting CORRECT a lot. or you may get to try the SAT range.
    You might also try out some fucking weapon exercise 1,2,3,4.
    After dinner it might be a class session on something really interesting like ranks of the british army or cap badges of the army or a session on terrorism or one that tells you dont want to be a piggy solider and eat loads of shite.
    Then after all that you might get some time to get some downtime after about 7pm, thats where you will have to clean your kit, iron your kit, make a quick phonecall home and cry to your mother a little more.

If you can put up with this for 6 weeks you will be tested on how well you march and asked some questions about your regiment if you pass you get to go home and see your mam, if not Im affraid its backsquad for you where you get to do it all again, if you pass you get to come back for another 6 weeks and do some more shite but they let you walk to the Naffi on your own

Highlights: Being CS Gassed GAS IS FOR WINNERS, Kit Issue you get loads of pretty cool kit like NBC kit and get your own rifle (mine ws called Trudy) you have to give this back after basic training (and no you dont get to take it to bed with you)

Shower Raping - giving not taking

Low Lights:
    Beasting - this is were you are treated like a little piece of shit for about 20 mins made to do push ups, runs, stress positions, sucking off the RPs or being shower raped.

Having to stand around whenever you see an NCO and wait for them to say you can move

Not being able to walk to the Naffi on your own

Being shower raped - Recieving

Crying yourself to sleep

Sleep Deprevation

Completion of basic trainnig

on top of this you have NCO;s everywhere saying stand by, get your fucking hands out of your pockets, come here you fucking diesease, you evil fuckin creature from beyond the depths of hell, you fucking lizard, you dirty fuckin recruit, get over here you fuckin creep, what the fuck are you doing there you fucking evil fuckin creature, what the fuckin hell are you doing you fuckin loser, fuckin stand by you horrible fuckin creature, fuck off then, you get the idea
    Last edited by Deepthroat; 13-04-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross90 View Post
    I know mate, thats unfortunate, you do hunters moon? A load of lads from my old troop got put in hunter because of that fuckin ex.

I was a fanny and bailed out before (nah seriously between PRMC and RT my missus fell pregnant and i made a decision to postpone training rather than be biff and get there and be a jack useless cunt) Should be back on PRMC next jan sometime, I thought i could find another career, but after 100 applications 30 tests and 5 interviews, Im still no closer.

So bollocks to it lol. You ever think about going back Reserve? Or takin the plunge and going reg?
    I only just spotted this thread!!

When were you in training? My Tp lost 43 along the way, back-trooped, Hunter or left!! Eventually passed out with 9 originals (luckily I was one - no injuries!!!)

another thing Paul do not apply for PRMC see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marines

Banned

Well..

I've been to the doctors, and good news they last gave me medicane for my fits at age 5.

So doctors writing me a letter, attatching evidence, then posting me them this week, then ill get them sent off to the army doctor.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauljono1120 View Post
    Well..

I've been to the doctors, and good news they last gave me medicane for my fits at age 5.

So doctors writing me a letter, attatching evidence, then posting me them this week, then ill get them sent off to the army doctor.
    You're just running from Leon really
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA