Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are we not allowed to do bicep splicers in comps??

Default Why are we not allowed to do bicep splicers in comps??

Are they that dangerous?

You can do them at brown belt and above. The danger with bicep slicers (or crush) is that it can very quickly cause massive damage and therefore requires a greater level of experience to know when and how to apply it, and when to recognise that the lock is on. However (IMO) it should be taught from white belt so that all players recognise the hold.

James

Because they splice Biceps.

I have seen a detached bicep and it's not nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Because they splice Biceps.

I have seen a detached bicep and it's not nice.
    like a bag of liver hanging from the bone! It is indeed not nice. Seen 2 when playinh rugby, horrible injury

Did this happen to serra?
    Genetically Different.

I havent learned this technique specifically but learned a sweep from Spider-Guard which makes you land in a Bicep Crush and i have to say i wouldnt trust anyone using these kinds of techniques without a vast ammount of knowledge!! Not are they just painful theyre so quick to put on but also alot of people at my level (white) tend to not have any idea of the ammount of force theyre using with specific techniques (Im the same against adults sometimes) and would end up breaking your arm or something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    like a bag of liver hanging from the bone! It is indeed not nice. Seen 2 when playinh rugby, horrible injury
    How does that end up happening in Rugby?

I find these hurt but I've had pro mma fighters and experienced grapplers twice my size do bicep crushes on me and I don't feel the need to tap from them. Anyone else have a natural resistance to these?

On the other hand Calf Crushes hurt like fuck and I wouldn't dream of trying to resist one.

ive allways been resistent to knee bars, dont know why but theyve never made me want to tap,

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I find these hurt but I've had pro mma fighters and experienced grapplers twice my size do bicep crushes on me and I don't feel the need to tap from them. Anyone else have a natural resistance to these?

On the other hand Calf Crushes hurt like fuck and I wouldn't dream of trying to resist one.
    Be careful.

The bigger your biceps are,the more it will hurt and the earlier you will tap.

The smaller your biceps are,the less it will hurt,causing you to decide not to tap,meaning you will either

a.Detach your biceps from the elbow joint

b.Force your elbow joint to open up (shattering the joint)

C.Snap your forearm.