U.M.A. Open 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championships - Saturday 1st May
Already, entries have been coming in the last couple of weeks for this Championship Event
Expected attendance should be anywhere from 100 to 175 + Fighters
We will be running on anywhere from 2 to 4 Contest Areas in Both Contests Halls at our Stoke Venue if required etc.
The UMA’s ‘No Gi’ Events are now gaining a healthy and respected reputation for being one of the UK’s Premier Annual ‘No Gi’ Events alongside or Penultimate and Prestigious Annual ‘No Gi’ Grappling Championships, not forgetting our ‘With Gi’ Events too, and with a lot of notable top flight Athletes who have attended in the past, such as André Winner, Jimmy Wallhead, Rob Broughton and the Godfather of MMA here in the UK Lee Hasdell, they have all attended previous UMA Championship Events and competed on our mats for Honours.
Over the last 5 years, the UMA have had fighters attend and represent from all Backgrounds and Styles such as; BJJ, Jujitsu, Grappling, Wrestling, Judo, Sambo and MMA, even from Striking arts such as Karate and Kung Fu, we have had both the ‘Gi’ and ‘No Gi’ Players attend our Annual ‘Gi’ and ‘No Gi’ Grappling and Groundfighting Events etc, so don’t miss out on this Championship Event by not getting your Registration and Entries in on time.
As most will know, we only have two ‘No Gi’ Events every year, the first being this, our ‘No Gi’ Groundfighting Championships, and the penultimate being our Highly Prestigious ‘No Gi’ Grappling Championships, which is always held in the first weekend in December.
So if you want to step up and represent against some of the UK’s best, then get your entries in fast, as the limit on Entries for these Championships is 200 Fighters maximum.
There is, as always, FREE Entry to the Men and Womens Absolutes, but only to the Qualified Fighters in each of they’re respective Divisions and Brackets.
We also have Fighters coming into the UK from Europe to attend and compete, who will be stepping up to represent they’re Club and Country at this Championship Event, more details to follow.
As Always, every Fighter is guaranteed a minimum of Two Contests, and as usual, we will be running Elimination with Repechage, for the exception of the Free Absolute Divisions, as they will be Straight Elimination only.
Wallace Sports and Education Centre,
Senior Divisions and Brackets:
Mens Novice: 0 to under 18 months Grappling/Groundfighting experience whether it’s with or without a Gi/Kimono.
Mens Advanced: 18 months and over Grappling/Groundfighting experience whether it’s with or without a Gi/Kimono.
Mens Masters: age 35 years old and over, Open Weight and all Experience Levels.
• Mens Novice Weight Brackets: U65kg – U75kg – U85kg – U95kg – O95kg.
• Mens Advanced Weight Brackets: U65kg – U75kg – U85kg – U95kg – O95kg.
• Mens Masters: Open Weight and all Experience Levels.
• Mens Absolute Division: Open Weight and all Experience Levels (Free Entry for and to the Qualified Fighters only).
• Women’s Weight Brackets (All Experience Levels): – U60kg – U70kg – U80kg – O80kg
• Women’s Absolute Division: Open Weight and all Experience Levels (Free Entry for and to the Qualified Fighters only).
Juniors 15 years old and under (No Submissions)
• Junior Boys: U45kg – U55kg – U65kg – U75kg – O75kg
• Junior Girls: U40kg – U50kg – U60kg – O60kg
For 2010 and onwards the UMA’s Ruling on Standing for our Groundfighting Championship Events has been modified, there will be no restrictions on a Fighter Standing up, providing the other Fighter is Grounded etc, i.e.
Standing upright on both feet is allowed, but only when one of the Fighters is grounded, both Fighters cannot stand upright on both feet together at anytime or at the same time. One Fighter has to be grounded or at waist height, i.e. kneeling or on both feet or knees whilst at waist height, or sat on their front or backside, lying down on either their side front or back, be in the open, half or full guard etc, for the other Fighter to stand upright on both feet, regardless whether there is any contact made etc.
Points and Scoring:
4 Points = Front Mount Control
4 Points = Rear Mount Control with Both Hooks in
3 Points = Passing Guard
2 Points = Sweeps
2 Points = Knee on the Belly
• (Juniors) Contest Time Limit: All Divisions and Brackets = 3 minutes.
• (Seniors) Contest Time Limit: All Divisions and Brackets = 4 minutes.
• Tap Out/Referee Stoppage/Referee Decision/15 Point Margin/Forfeit/Default/Disqualification and All Point Scoring Techniques.
• Submission/Tap Out/Referee Stoppage/Referee Decision/15 Point Margin/Forfeit/Default/Disqualification and All Point Scoring Techniques.
• Arm and Shoulder Locks.
• Straight Leg and Straight Ankle Locks.
• Wrist Locks (Mens Advanced Division, Mens Absolute and Womens Absolute only)
• Chokes (Except for using the Open Hand or Fist to Choke/Strangle or to Close the Wind Pipe).
For the full details, registration, rules, entry fees etc, click the following link to the U.M.A. Website Event Page: http://www.umauk.co.uk/Championship_...t_May_2010.htm
Registration and Entries Close on 9pm Sunday 25th April 2010, no Registrations or Entries will be taken after the closing date or on the day of the Championships either, so please do not ask.