Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moral Question...

Oh. And btw. If you are short of money start selling drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBULUS View Post
    where are you going to hire to teach for less than 5 per hour?
    This was one of the things that I was thinking about. I was thinking of either going to their houses/place of choice or using my mates garage which has some mats. A bit budget and cheap I know.

Plus the 5 price is just a number off the top of my head.

I haven't done any proper price checking but I think , most gyms would cost at least 50 to hire out a room with mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Oh. And btw. If you are short of money start selling drugs.
    Then use the money to buy your own gym like me

I mean errrrrrrrrr
    You may know me as The Cheesecake Assassin

I got some cheap-ish mats off of ebay a few years ago and I knew someone who got a stack of them from asking around schools.

I would say do it in your garage (borrow your mates mats), for convenience sake. 5 is silly money. 10 is a reasonable minimum. Any less than that and they won't appreciate what they're paying for and you'll have to work a morning just to be able to take your girlfriend to the cinema and Mc Donalds afterwards.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Remember you'll also need to get insurance. If someone you're teaching/rolling with suffers an injury then you'll probably have personal liability.

A lot to think about for 5 quid an hour.

I just want to echo that as long as you are honest and clear this with your instructor/coach then all the best. on the same note, why don't you discuss a mat-fee with your coach? you can charge 10 per hour (which is still very reasonable if not cheap) and pay your coach/academy owner half. That way, I think at least, you'd benefit from a professional mat and gym-insurance.

of course, the first thing you need to do is discuss this with him/her.

If you're a bit self concious about your own rank, just wear a midnight blue belt
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bishop View Post
    Remember you'll also need to get insurance. If someone you're teaching/rolling with suffers an injury then you'll probably have personal liability.

A lot to think about for 5 quid an hour.
    what if they sign a waiver?

Quote Originally Posted by IjumpGuard View Post
    what if they sign a waiver?
    A waiver is just helpful if you get sued. Something you can show to prove the person knew there were risks. A person cannot waive their rights, no matter what they sign.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Where you at, I'll give you a fiver an hour shit mate aye!
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I trained in trad JJ for ten years and whilst I have now left that to dedicate myself only to BJJ, I have been going back couple times a year to teach BJJ.
    I'm not a BJJ instructor but it is great fun running your own session and getting newbies to see the beauty of our sport.
    Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog