Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paramedics at fight shows

Hybrid View

Default Paramedics at fight shows

I've been to a number of shows recently and have been noticing when there is a real shortage of medical staff on hand. I wont mention exactly where but I was at a show and was helping a fighter prepare when a guy came in with pretty nasty facial injuries (cuts, swollen ears etc) and the 2 paramedics were back in the warm up area tending to the fighter. Firstly, it was great that the experienced medics were on hand to deal with the injuries. however, the show stopped and the medics were put under pressure to patch the guy up as the show couldn't continue wihtout them being cage side. Why don't promotors have min 2 teams of medical staff that way they can deal with more than 1 fighter and a spectator, fighter etc without being too stretched to treat 1 person effectively? also i feel that the fighter should've been taken to another area for treatment rather than bleeding in front of the remaining fighters.

Also it could free up a team to give the fighters a check up after their fights. I'd like to mention that the Kayo MMA show in Watford last month decided to sacrifice their budget for production etc and spent on an extra paramedics team and ambulance after I appealled to them. I thank them for that I know that it was noticed by all the fighters and teams that their safety was of the utmost importance to the promoters.

money probably the reason
    30% Discount on Dianabol When you enter promotional code : R01DR4GE at bouncecup.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKlinch View Post
    money probably the reason
    I also think that. Money is always a main factor in every situation

regardless what people tell you............ is always a factor/problem

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJunior View Post
    I've been to a number of shows recently and have been noticing when there is a real shortage of medical staff on hand. I wont mention exactly where but I was at a show and was helping a fighter prepare when a guy came in with pretty nasty facial injuries (cuts, swollen ears etc) and the 2 paramedics were back in the warm up area tending to the fighter. Firstly, it was great that the experienced medics were on hand to deal with the injuries. however, the show stopped and the medics were put under pressure to patch the guy up as the show couldn't continue wihtout them being cage side. Why don't promotors have min 2 teams of medical staff that way they can deal with more than 1 fighter and a spectator, fighter etc without being too stretched to treat 1 person effectively? also i feel that the fighter should've been taken to another area for treatment rather than bleeding in front of the remaining fighters.

Also it could free up a team to give the fighters a check up after their fights. I'd like to mention that the Kayo MMA show in Watford last month decided to sacrifice their budget for production etc and spent on an extra paramedics team and ambulance after I appealled to them. I thank them for that I know that it was noticed by all the fighters and teams that their safety was of the utmost importance to the promoters.
    Very admirable of Kayo MMA, I'd rather they spend money on safety than me be the guy whos team filmed a tragedy in the sport because not enough medical staff was onboard!

St. Johns Ambulance don't even charge that much, grab 4 of those guys and you'll be right.
    Is ready to die for that inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clarke View Post
    St. Johns Ambulance don't even charge that much, grab 4 of those guys and you'll be right.
    lol: i wouldn't let st john's near me.

imho each event should have a qualified paramedic with the necessary skills and equipment to deal with spinal injuries and unconscious fighters. a st johns first aider with a bag of triangle bandages is no good.

promotors have a legal responsability to provide ADEQUATE medical cover at events, if they fail to do so they could be held liable for injuries.

i know, cos my mate provides event medical cover

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clarke View Post
    (If you've seen the little britian sketches) I do NOT want to be offered a polo whilst bleeding profusely from a six inch cut lol
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    (If you've seen the little britian sketches) I do NOT want to be offered a polo whilst bleeding profusely from a six inch cut lol
    C'mon, you never slipped an extra strong mint into a 6 inch wound?

On a serious note, interesting read this thread, thanks
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Are St. John's Ambulance good enough to cover an MMA show?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/