Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

ordered a Marcelo Garcia Lucky Gi last night. when I get it I will put some pics up

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

let us know what it's like I've heard mixed reviews on the Lucky gi

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    ordered a Marcelo Garcia Lucky Gi last night. when I get it I will put some pics up
    A guy I train with has one of the blue Lucky Gis. It's one of the best fitting Gis I have ever seen. the trousers have a low rise and don't sag. If you could buy them plain I would defo consider them. That is until I get to a decent belt, as the black one (the on I really like) probably looks awful with a lowly white belt.

Plus I think it gives people a license to smash you, and I haven't got the skills to carry it off!! (yet)

New Tatami gi. Navy Pearl Weave.

The collar seems to be darker than the rest. I wonder if that would be a problem in comp.
    Other than that, it looks good.
    portuguesewhitebelt.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PtWhiteBelt View Post
    New Tatami gi. Navy Pearl Weave.

The collar seems to be darker than the rest. I wonder if that would be a problem in comp.
    Other than that, it looks good.
    another nice gi from the lads at tatame.

Shwingggg! Very nice looking gi!
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Default Gi Review: Tatami Zero G versus new navy pearl weave

Hi guys,

Further to the above, I bribed Tatami fightwear to let me try their two newest gis:
    The Zero G black and the new navy-coloured pearl weave competition gi.

Full detailed review here: http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2010/0...o-g-black.html

Summary:
    1. The new navy pearl weave is the first of a new line of pearl weaves that will replace their current line-up of goldweave 'competition' uniforms. At 70, the pearl weaves are more expensive than the older range, but much better quality.

2. Both gis have the same cut (see my previous review of the white Zero G: http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2010/0...k-eagle-v.html)
    so don't expect much shrinkage and both are cut fairly large compared to most other brands. However...

3. The trousers are very different. The navy trousers are made from canvas, which is heavier and thicker, but does not shrink compared to the Zero G trousers which are thinner, made from twill and prone to shrinkage. If you have long legs I recommend buying the next size up in just the trousers (for the Zero G).

4. Both gis are very light, the Zero G just edging it and I found them to be very comfortable to wear even in the recent hot weather. I think they are both very close to being as good as my Vulkans, so for the price i would consider either gi to be a very good purchase considering the level of quality.

Some pics...

Oh yeah, Tatami have kindly offered to give readers a 5% discount on all their products simply by using the code: MEERKATSU5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Gi looks good but I don't personally like the patches on them - the chinese symbols in particular.

Does anyone know any reputable
    stockists of bull terrier gis ? Budovideos are sold out

Yeah I've been critical of the Tao symbols too, and to be fair they are much reduced in size in these two new models. Set agains the navy or black fabric, they don;t stand out too much.
    I think the navy patches could have been re-designed, they are still the same ones as per the older goldweave models.
    I love the Zero G patches, I think they are really funky and different from most other brands.

Overall though, for 65-70, you will get a really good quality, well thought out, smart uniform whichever model you choose.
    I've rolled in my navy gi non-stop since getting it. Fast becoming one of my fave gis (and I have a lot of gis!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

The navy gi looks cool but imo the patches make the gi look cheap
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar