Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

I have said it once and i'll say it again!!! first Brit company to clone shoyoroll, break point, lucky, Ouano and the american style Gi i going to make a lot of money!!
    tbf if they are made in pakistan then the brit companys im sure could get them cloned easy?. The new black eagle ripstop pants are cool and a step in the right direction if they had the bungie draw string they would be perfect!.
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    I have said it once and i'll say it again!!! first Brit company to clone shoyoroll, break point, lucky, Ouano and the american style Gi i going to make a lot of money!!
    tbf if they are made in pakistan then the brit companys im sure could get them cloned easy?. The new black eagle ripstop pants are cool and a step in the right direction if they had the bungie draw string they would be perfect!.

10 or more charactures

Wheres best place to buy a cheap kimono, i have a judo gi but dont wanna train in that not even for first lessons, got a small budget doesnt have to be great just until funds are bigger.
    FeatherzThe2nd - (gamertag) - add me for CoD \ Forza antics.

Quote Originally Posted by featherz View Post
    Wheres best place to buy a cheap kimono, i have a judo gi but dont wanna train in that not even for first lessons, got a small budget doesnt have to be great just until funds are bigger.
    black eagle, faxia, a few UK based budget Gi companies.

why not just use your Judo-gi until you buy something of higher price??

TBF the "budget" Gi's arent that cheap anymore for a few quid extra you could pick up a keiko raca or Vulcan this I think this could be down to the improved qaulity ( blackeagle I know are on par with Atama IMO ) the cheapest budget Gi ATM is Tuff ( when back in stock ) @ 40 you cant grumble. BUT ALL THE COMPANYS SHOULD START looking to the states for designs now. Shoyoroll gi's are already sold out across the board! Ouano are struggling with orders of there 450 aswell.

RJD when you say 'clone' do you mean come up with an original blinging design, or literally 'clone' the aforementioned trade marked blinging gis?

If it is the former, then I'm sure Tatami are edging towards that direction as their designs are the most ornate. I think Black Eagle and Faixa prefer the minimalist look, would be very weird if they suddenly introduced flaming skulls and neogothic typo on their gis.

Why don't you mock up a design that you think would make an awesome gi? Maybe someone will take you up on the design and you could make a few bob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Its not the bling im after TBF but I do like pimped gi's lol its the cut and over all designs with SHR or Ouano, also the new gameness elite is bad ass!! built in rash guard BLOODY GOOD IDEA!. the bling is a matter or taste, the new SHR has gone back to basics and does indeed look smart, also there are the sizes breakpoint you get mix and match sizes and get 2 pairs of pants, SHR you have inbetween sizes VERY VERY GOOD IDEA, the 450's are ripstop light and are a change from the norm!. If you look at all the ( brit gi's ) they all kind of look the same... other than the limited edition Black eagle ( which sells quite well at my gym ) so there is a market for it., why send our pounds abroad if a company can come up with there interpretation on a popular design?.
    Last edited by rjd; 04-06-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Plain white BJJ gi. No shoulder stripes. No badges. No patches.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Its not the bling im after TBF but I do like pimped gi's lol its the cut and over all designs with SHR or Ouano, also the new gameness elite is bad ass!! built in rash guard BLOODY GOOD IDEA!. the bling is a matter or taste, the new SHR has gone back to basics and does indeed look smart, also there are the sizes breakpoint you get mix and match sizes and get 2 pairs of pants, SHR you have inbetween sizes VERY VERY GOOD IDEA, the 450's are ripstop light and are a change from the norm!. If you look at all the ( brit gi's ) they all kind of look the same... other than the limited edition Black eagle ( which sells quite well at my gym ) so there is a market for it., why send our pounds abroad if a company can come up with there interpretation on a popular design?.
    Oh yeah I'm absolutely with you on the buy UK front. I guess the thing with offering half size options (yes very bloody good idea) and spare pair of trousers is that it would not be cost effective for just the UK market right now. The US is such a vastly bigger market that Shoyoroll et al can afford to do it. Still, soon, when every McDojo in the UK will offer BJJ Fitness classes LOL! BJJ gis will be coming out of your ears Haha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Quote Originally Posted by bomberh View Post
    Plain white BJJ gi. No shoulder stripes. No badges. No patches.
    Kinda like a judo gi OH WAIT exactly the same as a Judo Gi lol

LOL@ BJJ fitness classe's but WHY NOT most Karate/MCDOJO's clubs have cages now and offer NON CONTACT MMA fitness........................................ mini MMA ninja's and teach ( submission grappling ) as part of there "PROGRAM".

PMSL TBF tho I think BJJ wouldent catch on as you have to get a sweat up and sparr unless you offer just "drilling" classes