Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

Hi

Anybody have any idea how you can source Gi manufacturers?

JP

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    I have said it once and i'll say it again!!! first Brit company to clone shoyoroll, break point, lucky, Ouano and the american style Gi i going to make a lot of money!!
    tbf if they are made in pakistan then the brit companys im sure could get them cloned easy?. The new black eagle ripstop pants are cool and a step in the right direction if they had the bungie draw string they would be perfect!.
    I wasn't joking in my previous post.

I got completely caught up in the shoyoroll hype and ordered one. Then I thought "this is insane, someone should do this in the UK".

I'm up for it, but have NO IDEA WHERE TO START.

Wagon may know someone if you sort it you will be minted they are all arguing on atama forum over the lack of shoyoroll's in the USA ATM
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

lol

Is anyone minted in BJJ?

Wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by PieDog View Post
    Fella's, just ordered a Tatami Fightwear Gi. White. A3. I'm 6'' and about 90kg so it should be fine. Anyone here used Tatami products before? Its my first one so i didnt wanna go crazy on spends. Its cost me 50.
    this is it here - http://www.tatamifightwear.com/produ...?id_product=79
    Hey PieDog,

We sell Tatami gis and products at our gym and they are awesome.

I've done a review of their new shorts that I'll be posting soon on my blog. They are really nice and come at a very reasonable price.

Here's a pic of them (don't know how to post the pic here in a reasonable size...it just comes out ginormous!)
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

LOL I dunno the guys who are selling SYR must be reaping it in! wicked marketing! Wagons a chap on here m8 he maybe able to help?
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Hey fellas and fellowettes,

Here's my review on the tatami shorts:

http://parttimegrappler.blogspot.com...ts-review.html
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Quote Originally Posted by daddybaresi View Post
    I wasn't joking in my previous post.

I got completely caught up in the shoyoroll hype and ordered one. Then I thought "this is insane, someone should do this in the UK".

I'm up for it, but have NO IDEA WHERE TO START.
    Mainly in sialkot pakistan but you imo would need to be there to oversea production cos if the send u a few samples of your design and they look ace the bulk order could be a load of shit they send you.
    Its allot of hassel and time consuming but the return could be great.
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

Producing goods overseas is a long term project not a quicky to make fast bucks. Supplier quality, costs and import details need to be sorted out. Costing and a sound business model need to be sorted up front to do it right.

Black eagle have been doing it a few years now and I guess Steve and the guys have had thier fair share of issues.

Personally I think you need to be there, if it's Pakistan, vietnam, Bali or Brazil. Nothing beats being there face to face, see the samples, make the changes you need to and see the production run start.

Guys I know pretty much spend thier life travelling the globe, meeting suppliers, coming up with new concepts and ensuring they are prodcued to high standards. It's not an easy job as you may think (though it's not all work, some surfing and Jiujitsu mixed in too)

Damn, my business plan was gonna be...

1. Draw a cool gi design with some Crayola
    2. Email it to a guy in Pakistan
    3. ??
    4. Profit
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/