Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Damn, my business plan was gonna be...

1. Draw a cool gi design with some Crayola
    2. Email it to a guy in Pakistan
    3. ??
    4. Profit
    Replace Crayola with photoshop and that is what most people think it takes, man it takes sooooo much more.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Replace Crayola with photoshop and that is what most people think it takes, man it takes sooooo much more.
    It's like online stores mate, I'm sure you know it's a case of...

1. Make website
    2. Buy stock
    3. ??
    4. Profit

Easy money!!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Producing goods overseas is a long term project not a quicky to make fast bucks. Supplier quality, costs and import details need to be sorted out. Costing and a sound business model need to be sorted up front to do it right.

Black eagle have been doing it a few years now and I guess Steve and the guys have had thier fair share of issues.

Personally I think you need to be there, if it's Pakistan, vietnam, Bali or Brazil. Nothing beats being there face to face, see the samples, make the changes you need to and see the production run start.

Guys I know pretty much spend thier life travelling the globe, meeting suppliers, coming up with new concepts and ensuring they are prodcued to high standards. It's not an easy job as you may think (though it's not all work, some surfing and Jiujitsu mixed in too)
    This sounds like a good idea when you take your business to the next level, I'd say 90% of the brands I've worked with have never visited their suppliers.

PS:

The gi business is horrible to be involved in from what I've heard / seen, sometimes its a lottery with certain suppliers

Default ATAMA Europe

Sorry to hijack the current discussion but has anyone ordered a gi from ATAMA Europe as they seem very cheap. Grab and Pull sell the summer weave gi for 109 (+ delivery I guess)and on the ATAMA site it is only 85 Euros, about 70, no delivery charge. I have been told that as its coming from EU I won't get stung for any extra charges either.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    Sorry to hijack the current discussion but has anyone ordered a gi from ATAMA Europe as they seem very cheap. Grab and Pull sell the summer weave gi for 109 (+ delivery I guess)and on the ATAMA site it is only 85 Euros, about 70, no delivery charge. I have been told that as its coming from EU I won't get stung for any extra charges either.
    If you want a thin gi, get the koral light. And yes, all imports from the EU are exempt from customs charges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    It's like online stores mate, I'm sure you know it's a case of...

1. Make website
    2. Buy stock
    3. ??
    4. Profit

Easy money!!
    yeas it's not easy, I enjoy the challenges (in a sadistic sort of way), dealing maily with Brazilians and Guam / Hawaiian inslanders can have it's challenges to say the least. I thought Brazilians were laid back. If the surf is good your stuff don't get sent, if the surf is bad they do jiujitsu and your stuff still don't get sent ha ha. I wouldn't have it any other way though. The Fokai guys live life as it should be lived.

Hey Wagon, thanks for the pm.

I think you're bang on about suppliers, so at the moment I'm sounding out some family I have in Italy who used to work in the clothing industry to see if they have any contacts..

Cheers man.

You may have seen the chaos on the general forum. With our Gi colour question.

We are looking into bringing out a line of gis, so would greatly appreciate any suggestions, wants, desires, on the gi.

We've had a lot of people asking us if we'll bring one out, with that sort of demand, we can't really not look into it.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Taylor View Post
    Your thread ' official keiko raca distributors '.

The ebay site doesnt exist and the garra saite crashes after you input all your details ? I want to purchase a gi from the site but am struggling. Help me out ?
    hi, my new site is now live http://grapplestore.co.uk and we stock vulkan and keiko raca gi's among other brands and products with next day delivery only 5.76 to mainland uk.
    also for any one who wants lutador gi's there 35.

5% discount for a month for forum users. use code GS2010

kev
    Last edited by uk-bjj; 11-06-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uk-bjj View Post
    hi, my new site is now live http://grapplestore.co.uk and we stock vulkan and keiko raca gi's among other brands and products with next day delivery only 5.76 to mainland uk.
    also for any one who wants lutador gi's there 35.

p.s i will be adding a code to this thread for a 5% discount to forum users just getting the code sorted.

kev
    good luck with the site, Jamies issue was resolved by the way the old ebay site no longer exisits