Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

Just ordered a Tuff in A5. I will report how it shrinks to my frame for anyone with same lankyness issues.
    Tap Forged

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    Hey guys,

Continuing my series of independent unbiased BJJ gi reviews, here is the latest: TUFF Fightwear's lightweight BJJ gi:
    Nice review mate. Sounds like a good gi for the price... just why did they think those massive patches on the front look good though?!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Nice review mate. Sounds like a good gi for the price... just why did they think those massive patches on the front look good though?!
    Phat patches are never gonna look great IMO but it does the job, ie makes it a bit more colourful, 'exotic' and establishes a visible brand. you can always take them off I suppose. I personally like a nice bright shoulder patch, your new FR leve shoulder patch is a really good example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

Thanks for the review Meerkatsu!

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkatsu View Post
    Phat patches are never gonna look great IMO but it does the job, ie makes it a bit more colourful, 'exotic' and establishes a visible brand. you can always take them off I suppose. I personally like a nice bright shoulder patch, your new FR leve shoulder patch is a really good example.
    I love a bit of styling, but prefer it to be kept subtle. Even for people who like brashness, I don't think that Tuff design is nice looking.

As you say though, easy to remove... and I doubt it would put someone off purchasing at that price. Still, you'd think they'd come up with something decent looking.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Leiurus View Post
    Just ordered a Tuff in A5. I will report how it shrinks to my frame for anyone with same lankyness issues.
    i think you;ll end up selling your A5 too mate
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Fella's, just ordered a Tatami Fightwear Gi. White. A3. I'm 6'' and about 90kg so it should be fine. Anyone here used Tatami products before? Its my first one so i didnt wanna go crazy on spends. Its cost me 50.
    this is it here - http://www.tatamifightwear.com/produ...?id_product=79
    Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by ocuana View Post
    I have a few questions.
    I would like to purchase a Gi top for BJJ (because I'm broke ass and can't afford a whole Gi)

I'm 6ft6 and have long limbs.
    Back in my Karate days I was A6 (if I recall correctly) and the length was fine.
    Would that be the same now? I'm sturdily built with a 48-50 chest.

Without trying to advertise to me too much; wouldn't I be just as well off with a judo gi top, aswell as a "BJJ" gi?

I consider this a starter gi; not a long term investment so any advice for sizing and economy price would be most welcome.

Rob T - I tried to get on faixrua but the website timed out on me from various different internet connections?
    Yes I think you are an A6 and yes I think a Judo gi would be fine, especially as a starter.

A double weave Judo gi top can be a great piece of kit, it will be heavier and stiffer than a BJJ gi and harder to grip but on the downside will restrict your movement somewhat and be much hotter. It will also last for years. Judo trousers are usually rubbish.

A BJJ gi is usually more comfortable and much lighter, much better for rolling a bit smoother and the only real downside vs a Judo gi is easier grips for your opponent and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    i think you;ll end up selling your A5 too mate

You could be right, but judging by the sizing chart, A4 would be too short in the arms. Im thinking of makin my own ffs, cant be that hard, know a taylor, just need material.
    Tap Forged

Quote Originally Posted by Leiurus View Post
    You could be right, but judging by the sizing chart, A4 would be too short in the arms. Im thinking of makin my own ffs, cant be that hard, know a taylor, just need material.
    i'm 6'4 90kgs and wear an A3 or A3S, i also have 2 A4 gis that i had to shrink dramatically. none were too short in the sleeves, if that helps?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer