Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Gi and fightwear talk

Quote Originally Posted by olirushworth View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking at a hardy but inexpensive rash guard. My friend who recently started BJJ with me wears a nike pro top and recommends it, but I was just wondering what you guys thought about them and whether there were any better alternatives?
    As long as it is tight fitting it doesn't matter, buy any brand. MMA/grappling brands are not better than any surfing ones and the print always fall off unless they're dyed in anyways, so just avoid them.

Hi, only been doing bjj a few months , started in a tatami basic gi but hate the bulkiness and how heavy it is, looking at one of the cheapo light gi's ...theres the tuff fightwear one, and just been looking at the grab and pull ripstop one, both around the 50-60 quid mark..... anyone using either? have read meerkatsus reviews just wondering if anyone else got any input before i choose one, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkne$s View Post
    As long as it is tight fitting it doesn't matter, buy any brand. MMA/grappling brands are not better than any surfing ones and the print always fall off unless they're dyed in anyways, so just avoid them.
    I use a gnp clothing one, it wasnt that expensive, and is very comfortable

the print is still holding up after like 8 months of use
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

tatami zero gi if you want light and value for money

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    Hi, only been doing bjj a few months , started in a tatami basic gi but hate the bulkiness and how heavy it is, looking at one of the cheapo light gi's ...theres the tuff fightwear one, and just been looking at the grab and pull ripstop one, both around the 50-60 quid mark..... anyone using either? have read meerkatsus reviews just wondering if anyone else got any input before i choose one, cheers
    I have the TUFF one and i cant fault it, only thing i didnt like about it was the patches which i took of and it looks so much better, and after a while i got bored with the white so i dyed it Olive Green and it is perfect

Got the grab and pull one, havent rolled in it yet but impressions are that it was exactly what i was after, so light and confortable, seems real tough too for such a light gi, will report after a few sessions, and was baragin reduced price of 59.99 on grab and pull website

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    tatami zero gi if you want light and value for money
    I just purchased this one and a ladies competition gi. How much shrinkage is there? I haven't worn mine yet but it's a perfect fit as new, just thinking I should have ordered a size bigger to allow for shrinking...?

The Zero Gi is really nice btw, seriously light and well made. Competition gi is heavier but not too bulky and is a really good fit.
    "Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive."

Quote Originally Posted by woo View Post
    I just purchased this one and a ladies competition gi. How much shrinkage is there? I haven't worn mine yet but it's a perfect fit as new, just thinking I should have ordered a size bigger to allow for shrinking...?

The Zero Gi is really nice btw, seriously light and well made. Competition gi is heavier but not too bulky and is a really good fit.

email gareth at tatami he's pretty good and will get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    email gareth at tatami he's pretty good and will get back to you
    Did that the same time I posted this and got a prompt reply. Great service.
    "Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive."

We have Tatami GIs in stock now and will price match anyones price in UK! Contact me for more details! enquiries@anacondacombat.com

BJJ GI