I was given the chance to check out Tatami Fightwear's latest product when they sent me their latest version of their pearl weave leisure jacket - as you can see in the photo.
Full review here:
But if you prefer, here's a summary of what I found out:
1. It's made from the same material as their gis.
2. It is waterproof (see photo below)
3. It has a very large hood.
4. It has an inside lining made from fleece.
5. The design work is subtle enough so you can walk around town without huge JOO JITSOO written all over it.
6. It only has two outer pockets and I reckon they could do with zips.
7. No inside pockets for phones, iPods etc, defo need at least one of those.
8. £60 plus PP.
Conclusion: a very smart bit of casual wear, it was comfy, warm and I liked it a lot. But there is room for improvement and with a few additions, would be perfect in my view.
A stunning prestige gi offered at a prestige price, the Gameness Elite uniquely (afaik) incorporates a built-in rash guard lining. This gi is generously cut and is both simply beautiful to look at and beautiful to wear.
Gameness gis are available directly from their webstore or through various resellers. I obtained mine through the UK online store BJJGISHOP - bjjgishop.co.uk
Full review (sorry 1,800 words!) here:
1. Gorgeous design (if you like bling gis)
2. Rash guard built in to the inside jacket
3. High degree of quality control
4. comfy ripstop trousers.
5. Excellent fit and cut
6. Comfortable to wear
1. All that extra patchery and rash guard adds weight (1.9Kg for an A1 compared to eg 1.4Kg for a Zero G or 1.3Kg for a Manto Evolution)
2. £150 is expensive for a gi
3. Collar is arguably a tad thin and sleeves a bit on the narrow side, but still perfectly legal
Some eye candy!
To make way for the new Pearl Weave stock arriving soon, we are now selling our existing range of Predator Single Weave Gi's at ridiculous discounts!!
Very limited stock and sizes, so first come, first served.
Academies: Please contact if you wish to place an academy order, we will need to process your order for you manually!!
Black Eagle Martial Arts
Last edited by ralphylad; 06-03-2011 at 09:26 PM.
"I honestly can't even remember my old signature, so I'll have this one"
That Gi hoodie has reminded me, does anyone know of any gi material backpacks about? I want one. I've seen the badboy one, but it's a little rich for my blood.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.
Or, you could pre-order one of our new Predator MKII's and get a free gi bag
Blue Gi: http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/bjjgipr...ue-p-3183.html
White Gi: http://www.black-eagle.co.uk/bjjgipr...te-p-3182.html
On pre-sale at very special prices, and only until the stock arrives when they will revert to the RRP's!
Black Eagle Martial Arts