Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Optimus FC

Quote Originally Posted by mmafreak21 View Post
    So how did Chris Petrie and Dave Brown do??
    Chris won in the firts by a slick one armed anaconda choke. Shame the whole tournament didn't go ahead he did really well using minimum effort put maximum destruction

I was at the show last night, being a Newcastle native and whatnot, and must say it was a damn good show.

Not many people seemed to be that bothered Dan Severn missed the show as the rest of the card produced some great bouts, although Dan's bout has been rescheduled for July.

I went to the show as well and although i enjoyed it i didn't think the skill level was anything to particularly shout about... Mills was a good fight, and the lad that beat Grant Brotherton looked good as well.

Shame that Severn couldn't make it as wouldn've been good to see him in there.

Was it just me or did anyone else actually think that this was going to be a knockout tourney with the winner having fought a few times on the night?

This is just my opinion and no disrespect to any fighters intended. And no, i am not a mma fighter before anyone asks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimDavy View Post
    I went to the show as well and although i enjoyed it i didn't think the skill level was anything to particularly shout about... Mills was a good fight, and the lad that beat Grant Brotherton looked good as well.

Shame that Severn couldn't make it as wouldn've been good to see him in there.

Was it just me or did anyone else actually think that this was going to be a knockout tourney with the winner having fought a few times on the night?

This is just my opinion and no disrespect to any fighters intended. And no, i am not a mma fighter before anyone asks.

Lad that beat grant was Jules Willis, hes gonna do big things this year hes a very solid fighter, and i thought it was a knockout tourney too was quite surprised! Agree with you on some of the skill levels too looked like they went more for size than skill in some bouts.. again no disrespect too

Quote Originally Posted by Bennit3b View Post
    Chris won in the firts by a slick one armed anaconda choke. Shame the whole tournament didn't go ahead he did really well using minimum effort put maximum destruction
    I wanted to congratulate Chris for his win. Looking forward to fighting him in june. Will be a tough challenge.

So how come the main event was cancelled??
    Is ready to die for that inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clarke View Post
    So how come the main event was cancelled??
    severn couldnt make it due to his flight being cancelled with all the icelandic ash in the air!

Where was he coming from??.. States?
    Is ready to die for that inch.

i hate iceland !
    hurtlocker mma (side show) 2-1-0

Default Great show

This was one of the best events i have been to, with 2000+ in attendance, extremely professionally run, some excellent matchmaking and fights, everyone was really friendly, i take my hat of to the promoter.

Plus our boy Keith''The Hulk'' Ellis from RoninMMA gym won by tko wich made the evening even better for us.

I would recomend if you did not go to watch this time make sure you do next time it was frankly spectacular.