Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muay Thai, City of London

Bit misleading there mate. If you're not a student then KO gym is pretty much the same price as diesel gym.

Having trained at Diesel gym myself I can confirm that it is an excellent Muay Thai gym. They're hugely passionate about the art and will definately look after you.

I've never trained at KO but I've only ever heard good things about them.

Pay them both a visit and see which you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Bit misleading there mate. If you're not a student then KO gym is pretty much the same price as diesel gym.

Having trained at Diesel gym myself I can confirm that it is an excellent Muay Thai gym. They're hugely passionate about the art and will definately look after you.

I've never trained at KO but I've only ever heard good things about them.

Pay them both a visit and see which you prefer.

Not misleading at all, if you pay as you go.... Diesel is 15 per hour n half
    KO is 10
    I'm not disputing that diesel is not a good gym as I know tommy gunn teaches there and I've heard good things about it, just saying that KO has been training world champions since the 1970's

to clarify a few things re Diesel Muay Thai...

its 15 for a one off lesson but very very very few people pay that.

nearly everyone will pay weekly or monthly which works out amazing value 25 per week or 80 (not 80 odd) a month
    that is for every class - BJJ, Wrestling, MMA and Muay Thai - held at the gym - plus if you are a fighter the circuit training / conditioning class and fighter specific/invite only class/sessions.
    for the level of instruction and our location - a stones throw from the city and canary wharf - and next to Limehouse DLR - I believe its fairly priced.
    we charge no other fee's. no joining. no membership etc etc
    if you do one class (having paid 15) and come back the next day to train we then charge you 10 quid and turn it into an attend-any-class weekly ticket...
    also on your first visit you can stay on after and do the MMA class (another 1 hr) which is popular - a lot of the thai guys will do the 1st part of MMA after thai (warm up / conditioning part) or you can stay and try out No Gi - again not bad for 15 quid ....

we offer quality and authentic muay thai instruction with at least one resident thai (native) coach as part of the team (plus our non thai-thai coachs!) - for most of this year its been 2 - which i know for inner london is pretty rare...
    we have had Prathet Sor Thanikal over for the last few months who trained and fought for us (beating Frankie Hudders and Andrei Kotsur)- plus had Goi ('Pairote Wor Walophol') 4xLumpinee Champion earlier in the year and plan to have more over next year.

Tommy is one of our MMA instructors not Muay Thai.

rather than turning into a my gym is better than your gym argument the best way - as always - is to try a couple of gyms and see which best fits you as each will be different - and teach in a slightly different way

no one is the best, just better for you or somewhere you make a connection and therefore will want to train

PS
    I am so proud and happy of what Diesel Muay Thai has achieved this year with us having an assortment of champions and know / have proven we can compete with any gym in terms of teaching and fighter development in Muay Thai. On top of that the family / friendly atmosphere at Diesel is something that most new comers notice immediately and is a key part of how we do things.

as a student you are lucky having us (Diesel) KO, Chris Carney at MMA Clinic, plus Phils Gymbox team all so close giving you a wealth of choice, experience and quality training

any questions PM me on here and will happily answer

rant/morning wafffle over.
    Last edited by Yak; 09-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    to clarify a few things re Diesel Muay Thai...

its 15 for a one off lesson but very very very few people pay that.

nearly everyone will pay weekly or monthly which works out amazing value 25 per week or 80 (not 80 odd) a month
    that is for every class - BJJ, Wrestling, MMA and Muay Thai - held at the gym - plus if you are a fighter the circuit training / conditioning class and fighter specific/invite only class/sessions.
    for the level of instruction and our location - a stones throw from the city and canary wharf - and next to Limehouse DLR - I believe its fairly priced.
    we charge no other fee's. no joining. no membership etc etc
    if you do one class (having paid 15) and come back the next day to train we then charge you 10 quid and turn it into an attend-any-class weekly ticket...
    also on your first visit you can stay on after and do the MMA class (another 1 hr) which is popular - a lot of the thai guys will do the 1st part of MMA after thai (warm up / conditioning part) or you can stay and try out No Gi - again not bad for 15 quid ....

we offer quality and authentic muay thai instruction with at least one resident thai (native) coach as part of the team (plus our non thai-thai coachs!) - for most of this year its been 2 - which i know for inner london is pretty rare...
    we have had Prathet Sor Thanikal over for the last few months who trained and fought for us (beating Frankie Hudders and Andrei Kotsur)- plus had Goi ('Pairote Wor Walophol') 4xLumpinee Champion earlier in the year and plan to have more over next year.

Tommy is one of our MMA instructors not Muay Thai.

rather than turning into a my gym is better than your gym argument the best way - as always - is to try a couple of gyms and see which best fits you as each will be different - and teach in a slightly different way

no one is the best, just better for you or somewhere you make a connection and therefore will want to train

PS
    I am so proud and happy of what Diesel Muay Thai has achieved this year with us having an assortment of champions and know / have proven we can compete with any gym in terms of teaching and fighter development in Muay Thai. On top of that the family / friendly atmosphere at Diesel is something that most new comers notice immediately and is a key part of how we do things.

as a student you are lucky having us (Diesel) KO, Chris Carney at MMA Clinic, plus Phils Gymbox team all so close giving you a wealth of choice, experience and quality training

any questions PM me on here and will happily answer

rant/morning wafffle over.
    It states/d on the website you have to pay, I think it was an additional 10 for sparring classes; is that still the case?

Not being a dick, I am just genuinely intruiged as to how the additional 10 was justified if you've alreasdy paid your monthly membership fee??

no thats incorrect its not an extra charge and - having just checked - isnt on the site - it was on an old page which was when we first set the webpage up and was a bit of a mess tbh.
    We have never charged extra on top of any monthly/weekly fee to spar.

weekly/monthly fee covers every class available on the timetable - only 1 class is off limits and thats the Saturday female only class... (if you are male that is ;-)

Muay Thai/No Gi/MMA can attend every class if you wanted
    Last edited by Yak; 09-12-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    no thats incorrect its not an extra charge and - having just checked - isnt on the site - it was on an old page which was when we first set the webpage up and was a bit of a mess tbh.
    We have never charged extra on top of any monthly/weekly fee to spar.

weekly/monthly fee covers every class available on the timetable - only 1 class is off limits and thats the Saturday female only class... (if you are male that is ;-)

Muay Thai/No Gi/MMA can attend every class if you wanted
    Fair enough; thanks for the response!

Having train no gi at diesal a couple of times (baby restricts me to more) it is a very freindly gym and welcoming. well worth giving it a go.