Thread: Final preps for k-1 fight

Default Final preps for k-1 fight

With all going well and being matched properly, I should be looking at K-1 rules fight in Middle of July.

I've been training with Muay Thai for a couple of years (with breaks) but prefight training with Muay Thai, I effectively left out weight training for a full six week period. Usually I lose around 10 kg in 2 months (I'm heavyweight).
    I'm considering keeping my weight training up until 4 weeks out this time as I'd also like to carry some more muscle.
    Any fighters incorporate weight training that close and manage to repair well?
    I ask specifically for k-1 rules, because if you haven't experienced it - there is a quite a difference between those rules and Muay Thai rules.

Thanks.

Willy.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Quote Originally Posted by ocuana View Post
    With all going well and being matched properly, I should be looking at K-1 rules fight in Middle of July.

I've been training with Muay Thai for a couple of years (with breaks) but prefight training with Muay Thai, I effectively left out weight training for a full six week period. Usually I lose around 10 kg in 2 months (I'm heavyweight).
    I'm considering keeping my weight training up until 4 weeks out this time as I'd also like to carry some more muscle.
    Any fighters incorporate weight training that close and manage to repair well?
    I ask specifically for k-1 rules, because if you haven't experienced it - there is a quite a difference between those rules and Muay Thai rules.

Thanks.

Willy.
    All the best with the fight Will,
    Where are you fighting and who are you fighting?
    Looking for K-1 Kickboxers ALL Levels 26th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by kickboxingidiot1 View Post
    All the best with the fight Will,
    Where are you fighting and who are you fighting?
    Ill pm u bro.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.