Thread: my training plan... feedback please?

Default my training plan... feedback please?

Hi Folks,

just wondered if i can have some feedback on my traning plan...

I am 72kg, aiming to be fighting at 70kg

my week goes a bit like this:

Monday: Fitness class (1 hour), MMA tuition/rolling (1.5 hours)
    tuesday: Running (approx 0.5 hours),Thai Kickboxing/light sparring (2.5 hours)
    wednesday fitness (1 hour), MMA tuition/rolling (1.5 hours)
    thursday: running (approx 0.5 hours),Thai kickboxing/light sparring (2.5 hours)
    friday: Russian Sambo (2 hours)
    saturday: Full Contact Heavy Sparring
    sunday Swimming (1-1.5 hours)
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

For starters you need a rest day.
    www.manchester-mma.com

Quote Originally Posted by AVI4 View Post
    For starters you need a rest day.
    saturday only inolves maybe an hour of work

sunday I swim for an hour or 2, it is vey light though

would this allow enough rest?

u need a full days rest, u can over train otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    Hi Folks,

just wondered if i can have some feedback on my traning plan...

I am 72kg, aiming to be fighting at 70kg

my week goes a bit like this:

Monday: Fitness class (1 hour), MMA tuition/rolling (1.5 hours)
    tuesday: Running (approx 0.5 hours),Thai Kickboxing/light sparring (2.5 hours)
    wednesday fitness (1 hour), MMA tuition/rolling (1.5 hours)
    thursday: running (approx 0.5 hours),Thai kickboxing/light sparring (2.5 hours)
    friday: Russian Sambo (2 hours)
    saturday: Full Contact Heavy Sparring
    sunday Swimming (1-1.5 hours)
    Whats your diet lad, you could get to 70k probably after 2 training sesh's with that routine. weight is probably 70% diet and 30% training mate.

Good diet, you probs could be aiming to fight at 66 if your walk about just now is 72. i know guys whos walkabout is 78 and the fight 66, if you are amm/semi pro, you could fight at 70 with your current regime.

Too much running/ conditioning imo, train your techniques more.

Appreciate the advice...

a few comments...

re: fighting at 66, I feel that 66kg is too light a weight for me, I think the speed of someone that light would be too much for me... I'd prefer to fight at around 70kg, due to the level of competition in scotland (there are loads of 70kg fighters, where as there are few 66kg fighters)

My diet is pretty good at the moment

I dont have a specific diet but its pretty healthy

decent breakfast, normally weetabix
    lunch tends to be sandwiches (brown bread, on grilled chicken or something similiar)
    Dinner tends to be something fairly healthy (meat and 2 veg kind of thing)

I tend to snack on fruit as opposed to chocolate or crisps

drinking loads of water(usually 2 or 3 litres a day), drink lucozade lite before training (this stuff it the future, 50 calories, sugar free, and it makes u feel like youve had about 3 can of red bull, but its not horribly bad for you)

I try to avoid bad stuff, fried food, chips, cholcate, crisps, chinese etc etc as much as possible but will admit to cheating with my diet once a week, taking a day to have a chinese or a chippy (saves me going into starvation mode)

re: over training, would it be best to cut out the sunday swimming session, or maybe move this to a saturday, and use the sunday as a rest day?

re: working on technique, I work on MMA techniques 3 hours a week, Thai Technique 5 hours a week, and put them into practice on a saturday with the heavy sparring session, (normally 2 or 3 hours, with drilling techniques for a bit, then a round or 2 of full contact sparring)

isnt this enough?

To be honest 2kg isnt very much to lose, There's no reason why you cant cut 2kg of water e.g wearing sweat suits in training,

The quality of the programme depend upon the quality of training. Also rest when tired and worn out. Train hard when feeling good or ok. Programme can be flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoblood View Post
    Appreciate the advice...

a few comments...

re: fighting at 66, I feel that 66kg is too light a weight for me, I think the speed of someone that light would be too much for me... I'd prefer to fight at around 70kg, due to the level of competition in scotland (there are loads of 70kg fighters, where as there are few 66kg fighters)
    Pretty much every single 66kg fighter in Scotland worth mentioning walks around at 70-74kgs atleast.

At periods when I train 5 days a week I can make 66kgs in two days, so it's not very hard. You'll prob also find that your not very strong compared to the other guys at lw.