Thread: K-1 registered Trade Mark

Default K-1 registered Trade Mark

"K-1 registered Trade Mark

K-1 is a registered Trade Mark No. E6568356 in the UK, persons or corporations using the trade mark without the permission of the owner FEG (Fighting Entertainment Group) using the terms K-1 Fights K-1 Fighters or K-1 Rules to promote Martial Arts events, gyms, individuals, associations, clothing or merchandize are infringing on our trade mark.

We are currently in contact with a UK law firm and will take legal action to protect our trade mark if necessary"

They best not try and stop "UK-1" fights otherwise Dave will do a video blog on them

Is that a general statement they hold somewhere to scare the little fish, or a recent response to a particular show(s)?
    Not sure how else somebody could describe k1 rules Thaibrid perhaps :-P
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Quote Originally Posted by ocuana View Post
    Is that a general statement they hold somewhere to scare the little fish, or a recent response to a particular show(s)?
    Not sure how else somebody could describe k1 rules Thaibrid perhaps :-P
    i saw it here and thought i would share
    http://message.axkickboxing.com/inde...96079403.78445

Ive saw shows using a different set of words before the "-1" before.

Pretty much everything is copy righted now. Cant see how a small British show could attract the attention of a big company like that.

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi,

I also think it depends on the context. I can call myself a K1 Fighter, because, well, I officially was! I fought on many officially sanctioned K1 shows.

And when I teach kickboxing, I teach in accordance with K1 Rules - the official K1 rules, as that's the ruling system with which I've had most of my fights and I'm most familiar with.

So I'm using it descriptively, referring to a fact, rather than using it for marketing goals.

Its different to advertising a show as 'K1' or running a show under 'K1 Rules'...

Smiler
    http://garysmilerturner.blogspot.com/