Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent MMA in Chigwell or Loughton

Default Decent MMA in Chigwell or Loughton

Trying to find my close to me, only decent one that I can find is Diesel Gym in Limehouse
    Nice mixture of Muai Thai BBJ and MMA

Can't find anything around my area.

Oh and hi everyone

Hi Silver,

I used to live in Chigwell so know the area really well. I'm now based in Canary Wharf.

I was looking at Diesel Gym as well as its really close to me and the classes look good, I'm just a bit put off by the fact that you have to pay extra to go to another class that half a mile away. Seems odd. I would have thought that 80 p a month would have covered a fair bit of training.

There is a gym in the Bank of England trading estate in Loughton (Langston Road, past the BMW dealership, not sure what it's called though)

The used to be a freestyle wrestling club at Chigwell police club, that has now moved to Newbury Park. The club is just starting out (I train here on a Tuesday night so PM me if you want more details)

There is Fight First in Bethnal Green, KO in Bethnal Green, Rob Sulski does submission grappling at the Peacock in Silvertown (there is also boxing and Muay Thai here), there in also the Lions Den in Chadwell Heath and a couple of places in Romford.

Hope that helps

[QUOTE=tatcho;499648]Hi Silver,

I was looking at Diesel Gym as well as its really close to me and the classes look good, I'm just a bit put off by the fact that you have to pay extra to go to another class that half a mile away. Seems odd. I would have thought that 80 p a month would have covered a fair bit of training.

/QUOTE]

The last time I looked at their site you also had to pay extra for sparring (think it was 10); which seems absurd considering the relatively high monthly membership fee? Not sure if that is still the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Trying to find my close to me, only decent one that I can find is Diesel Gym in Limehouse
    Nice mixture of Muai Thai BBJ and MMA

Can't find anything around my area.

Oh and hi everyone
    are you not better off travelling in to London? wish i had this option, some incredibly high standard gyms there! Thats what i'd do if i lived where you do mate
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Titan is probably a good bet. I live near Chigwell and it only takes me 20 minutes to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    The last time I looked at their site you also had to pay extra for sparring (think it was 10); which seems absurd considering the relatively high monthly membership fee? Not sure if that is still the case!
    I don't think you have to pay for sparring. They have a main gym (based in Limehouse) and a second gym on the Isle of Dogs. If you join the Limehouse gym for 80 a month, you can attend unlimited Muay Thai, MMA and BJJ clases. However, if you want to go and train with Leo Negau (sp?) and Monstro (who teach BJJ at the Isle of Dogs class) you have to pay an additional 5 per class on top of your 80.

This seems a little excessive. The gym looks really good and its so convenient for me, its just the money issue that is stopping me from going down there.

I can go to Diesel for 100 a month or go to Spartans Gym in Leytonstone and do BJJ with Henrique Santana and it will cost me 50 a month. Have any of you guys got any thoughts at all?

BJJSchool is in Romford and I think they do MMA ....

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Buts View Post
    Titan is probably a good bet. I live near Chigwell and it only takes me 20 minutes to get there.
    this is what i was saying too....why not just go in to london, how jealous am i Titan is like an hour and a half for me
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I thought Henrique Santana was with Team titan?

Anyone on hear train at Spartan Gym in Leyton?