Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: revlution bjj in lincolnshire

Did he get teh purpel through the internet course?
    ICON Jiu Jitsu

The only bars i go to are Arm Bars, Knee Bars and a Mars Bar

no idea. The gym recently hosted Nicolas Gregoriades, a BJJ BB under Roger Gracie. Perhaps anyone who attended that seminar could pipe up.
    crazymonkeyiom.com

He can't "sort out" his credentials, he just needs to tell everyone who promoted him to purple belt.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tapsalot View Post
    Think that should be RJD - Leo Pires - Mario Reis - Sylvio Behring - Helio Gracie - Carlos Gracie - Maeda - Kano

I'm sure J-Sho will clear it up...

James
    Yeah thats why i put the ? as Mario has changed teams a few times

Thanks for the correctiob
    ‎"He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wake up with stinky finger."

Dont suppose there's anywhere in Lincoln that trains during the day (apologies for the hijack)

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Yeah thats why i put the ? as Mario has changed teams a few times

Thanks for the correctiob
    Winner Behring, BTT and Gracie Barra over the years.

He got the black belt in 2003 from Sylvio Behring iirc, then won the Mundials & the Copa do Mundo that year and the next (albeit repping Behring in 2003 and BTT in 2004). I don't think anyone else has won both comps in the same year 2 years in a row

I think originally he was BTT perhaps since he was repping them in 2000 when he won the mundials at blue. I think he switched to Behring because he was mates with werdum and corleta who I think were also from Porto Alegre, i think he had also had a bust up with someone at BTT. I don't know why he then switched back to themfor 2004?
    Last edited by J-Sho; 04-07-2010 at 09:24 AM.

I find it interesting that Dan Wait, still has not been on to put the record straight, has any one heard what Nic Gregoriades’s view was after the seminar.
    Jack the lad don’t think you should believe everything your Instructor has told you.

Default Lineage??

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkiller View Post
    Found a bit more info on this , instructors name is dan wait apparently a purple belt from a south london bjj school with a machado lineage

Any one heard of this guy ?
    According to BRUCELEE94 Dan has Gracie lineage??

It appears that the BJJ police are looking into Dan Waits activities.

The kettlebell is the BEST piece of equipment Dan Waite has ever used.

He is descended from the masters who employ the latest cutting edge spiritual technology!!

Read all about Dan Waite here.

I actually have trained with Dan, at the time (some 3 years ago) he had a black belt in Karate and was newly certified JKD instructor under Jerry Poteet (via pete grills).

I never saw any certification from him other than his JKD certification. I was there when he was awarded it by pete grills. I know he has had insurance issues, eg - students accusing him of not having the correct insurance. I never saw this either.

On a personal level, I found his teaching methods and personal social skills to be lacking. Thats why I left his gym.

Which I may add is a real dive.

when I see the phrase "Apprentice Instructors" I just know it's going to be bullshit

Default Honestly!

According to BRUCELEE94 Dan has Gracie lineage??

It appears that the BJJ police are looking into Dan Waits activities.

The kettlebell is the BEST piece of equipment Dan Waite has ever used.

He is descended from the masters who employ the latest cutting edge spiritual technology!!

Read all about Dan Waite here.

I actually have trained with Dan, at the time (some 3 years ago) he had a black belt in Karate and was newly certified JKD instructor under Jerry Poteet (via pete grills).

I never saw any certification from him other than his JKD certification. I was there when he was awarded it by pete grills. I know he has had insurance issues, eg - students accusing him of not having the correct insurance. I never saw this either.

On a personal level, I found his teaching methods and personal social skills to be lacking. Thats why I left his gym.

Which I may add is a real dive.

Hello Honest John - I know Dan Wait really well and have trained with him in the past. In fact, I also knew him 3 years ago. Firstly, its Dan Wait (there's no "e" on the end). If you are going to have a pop at someone at least have the decency to get the name right. Secondly, Dan has never been a black belt in karate or said he has been. Dan first discovered martial arts through karate at the age of 8 and got to brown belt. He was certified a few years ago as a level 2 instructor under Jerry Poteet by which time he was already a phase 1 instructor under Paul Vunak (Progressive Fighting Systems UK). Dan's interest in pure BJJ started after you left the gym and it has only been in recent years that he has been coaching it.

I can assure you that Dan has the correct insurance that covers himself and his students and has always been conscious of making sure that this is in place.

On a personal level - with regard to character I found Dan to be open, honest and very approachable. In fact, ask any of his students and the first thing they will say is that his coaching methods and manner are superb! Dan makes the gym a fun environment to train in - its a friendly atmosphere with no egos. Its all very well picking someone up on their personal social skills Duncan?, but lets face it, yours can be sorely lacking.

The gym in Lincoln has recently opened full time with a great programme of BJJ and mixed martial arts throughout the week (I live just around the corner from it). I agree, the gym was a dive 3 years ago, but that was when Dan was renting the room off someone else. Its now his and has been decked out to provide a fantastic gym, not only for martial arts but also for kettlebell and weight training.

Maybe "Honest John", before you start making comment, you should pop in and see the gym I'm sure Dan would love to see you. Or he could just bump into you in Asdas.

Also, I'm interested to know what the BJJ Police look like? Do they wear blue flashing lights on their head or does the light reflect their rank?!!!! How naff is that!