Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Falklands Oil Reserve

Question Falklands Oil Reserve

I heard something interesting today from the wife best mates Hubby who is an officer in the army and is being posted to the Falklands in the next fortnight.

Apparently it's not confirmed as testing is still ongoing and it's not being shouted about but they've found a gigantic oil reserve there (I cant remember if he said 6bn barrels or 60bn barrels) but it's enough to wipe out the UK national debt and then some and put us on a par with the middle eastern oil producing countries, and that's why we've been steadily increasing our military presence there over the last 18/24 months.

Sounds interesting eh ? think it's bullshit ?

*Before you say it; He / I haven't divulged some national secret, it's just being kept low profile at the moment*
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

The fact that somethings going on certainly is no secret, weve had guys being slwoly posted there for quite some time.

Interesting post, If it is indeed how you say it is... Cant see our government doing anything too contravertial(sp) tho
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0

So the UK are gonna cash in then? Make sure the Argies aren't reading this mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jak-TapouT- View Post
    ..Interesting post, If it is indeed how you say it is... Cant see our government doing anything too contravertial(sp) tho
    the only controversial element is that we claim ownership of that place on the other side of the planet.

Apparently we've got Eurofighters out there patrolling the skies and allsorts, we're turning into a fortress.

Would be great if it was true, to see it'd turn this country around is the biggest understatement ever
    Gary.

think it will cause a massive war,don't think the argies will be happy about this!!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!

possibly, apparently Argentina is on the brink of financial collapse so they may try a last ditch effort, we'd kick their arses again though, their military is out of date and poorly maintained it's laughable
    Gary.

My hubby is active duty US Air Force. It is true and like us Americans; UK takes land that didn't belong to them, either. We got oil spills so massive here on our coast; it's just a matter of time before the US and UK have to take over the middle east to survive.
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false."

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette5ft View Post
    My hubby is active duty US Air Force. It is true and like us Americans; UK takes land that didn't belong to them, either. We got oil spills so massive here on our coast; it's just a matter of time before the US and UK have to take over the middle east to survive.
    what land did the UK take that didnt belong to them?

I thought it was something like 60 million barrels worth 60bn...

I dont think Argentina will attempt anything now, we have troops posted at the falklands now, and I believe something like 4 Eurofighters and 2 ships and a sub is in the water somewhere down there..

and even if they did try a last ditch effort to claim the Islands, I only predict a horrible end for them, as this is ALOT of money in oil we are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by taffdragon View Post
    what land did the UK take that didnt belong to them?
    i think it's more a case of what we haven't given back from when we were kings,surely land and area that's in argentina belongs to them,but now there's oil involved they're never getting it back!!
    Don't Take Life Too Serious Or You'll Die Stressed!!!