Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: Falklands Oil Reserve

  1. #91

    Default

    WARNING *OLD POST RESURECTION*

    ".....In September 2011, UK company Rockhopper Exploration said it hoped to begin oil production in the region in early 2016 and to have a maximum output of 120,000 barrels a day by 2018......"
    Gary.

    Doesn't have a signature anymore

  2. #92

  3. #93

    Default

    Does that mean Brits will finally get petrol at an acceptable price like the arab states? doubt it, im sure the majority of the population will barely see a penny.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    Does that mean Brits will finally get petrol at an acceptable price like the arab states? doubt it, im sure the majority of the population will barely see a penny.
    No our reward is that we will not be running out of oil anytime soon and if you remember how the country was crippled by a few days of petrol strikes you will understand why that is such a good thing .

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    No our reward is that we will not be running out of oil anytime soon and if you remember how the country was crippled by a few days of petrol strikes you will understand why that is such a good thing .

    I realise that is a good thing. but there's uncountable ammounts of money to be made in it with an oil field as potentially big as this one. but as usual that'll all go to the guys at the top and the uk will continue to pay rediculous, almost criminal, prices for fuel.
    this is obviously big news, and something I've followed for a few years now, but what exactly could it mean for the general uk populus? will it change anything at all other than meaning we won't be running short of oil for a while?

    the uk currently pays nearly double per litre for fuel than we do here in oz, to add to how rediculous that is for some reason you can't get LPG gas anywhere (not in my area at least, is it available anywhere else around the country?). i got my car converted to gas as it costs half the price of fuel here. why isn't that option available in the uk? (side note but a genuine question).
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    WARNING *OLD POST RESURECTION*

    ".....In September 2011, UK company Rockhopper Exploration said it hoped to begin oil production in the region in early 2016 and to have a maximum output of 120,000 barrels a day by 2018......"
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    the uk currently pays nearly double per litre for fuel than we do here in oz, to add to how rediculous that is for some reason you can't get LPG gas anywhere (not in my area at least, is it available anywhere else around the country?). i got my car converted to gas as it costs half the price of fuel here. why isn't that option available in the uk? (side note but a genuine question).
    I think you can now, I vaguely remember a mate of mine telling me a gas-conversion place for cars had just opened up near him and has been really busy ever since it opened, if I remember to then I'll ask about it if I see him today.
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/


    "You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

    - Stephen Dillane

  8. #98
    Senior Member Mattchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    I think you can now, I vaguely remember a mate of mine telling me a gas-conversion place for cars had just opened up near him and has been really busy ever since it opened, if I remember to then I'll ask about it if I see him today.

    You most definitely can do so, the petrol stations local to me all do it too.
    Ninja

  9. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    I heard something interesting today from the wife best mates Hubby who is an officer in the army and is being posted to the Falklands in the next fortnight.

    Apparently it's not confirmed as testing is still ongoing and it's not being shouted about but they've found a gigantic oil reserve there (I cant remember if he said 6bn barrels or 60bn barrels) but it's enough to wipe out the UK national debt and then some and put us on a par with the middle eastern oil producing countries, and that's why we've been steadily increasing our military presence there over the last 18/24 months.

    Sounds interesting eh ? think it's bullshit ?

    *Before you say it; He / I haven't divulged some national secret, it's just being kept low profile at the moment*
    Bumping a thread I started in May 2010, before some of you fuckers were born

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-years-on.html

    Guess what, they found gas and oil this week
    Gary.

    Doesn't have a signature anymore

  10. #100

    Default

    dodgy bastards, the age old tradition of sending poor kids to their death for the greed of the rich.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.