Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Falklands Oil Reserve

WARNING *OLD POST RESURECTION*

".....In September 2011, UK company Rockhopper Exploration said it hoped to begin oil production in the region in early 2016 and to have a maximum output of 120,000 barrels a day by 2018......"
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Does that mean Brits will finally get petrol at an acceptable price like the arab states? doubt it, im sure the majority of the population will barely see a penny.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    Does that mean Brits will finally get petrol at an acceptable price like the arab states? doubt it, im sure the majority of the population will barely see a penny.
    No our reward is that we will not be running out of oil anytime soon and if you remember how the country was crippled by a few days of petrol strikes you will understand why that is such a good thing .

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    No our reward is that we will not be running out of oil anytime soon and if you remember how the country was crippled by a few days of petrol strikes you will understand why that is such a good thing .

I realise that is a good thing. but there's uncountable ammounts of money to be made in it with an oil field as potentially big as this one. but as usual that'll all go to the guys at the top and the uk will continue to pay rediculous, almost criminal, prices for fuel.
    this is obviously big news, and something I've followed for a few years now, but what exactly could it mean for the general uk populus? will it change anything at all other than meaning we won't be running short of oil for a while?

the uk currently pays nearly double per litre for fuel than we do here in oz, to add to how rediculous that is for some reason you can't get LPG gas anywhere (not in my area at least, is it available anywhere else around the country?). i got my car converted to gas as it costs half the price of fuel here. why isn't that option available in the uk? (side note but a genuine question).
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    WARNING *OLD POST RESURECTION*

".....In September 2011, UK company Rockhopper Exploration said it hoped to begin oil production in the region in early 2016 and to have a maximum output of 120,000 barrels a day by 2018......"
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by londonpride View Post
    the uk currently pays nearly double per litre for fuel than we do here in oz, to add to how rediculous that is for some reason you can't get LPG gas anywhere (not in my area at least, is it available anywhere else around the country?). i got my car converted to gas as it costs half the price of fuel here. why isn't that option available in the uk? (side note but a genuine question).
    I think you can now, I vaguely remember a mate of mine telling me a gas-conversion place for cars had just opened up near him and has been really busy ever since it opened, if I remember to then I'll ask about it if I see him today.
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    I think you can now, I vaguely remember a mate of mine telling me a gas-conversion place for cars had just opened up near him and has been really busy ever since it opened, if I remember to then I'll ask about it if I see him today.

You most definitely can do so, the petrol stations local to me all do it too.
    Ninja