Thread: Inflexible Right Hip

Default Inflexible Right Hip

I've been having a problem with one of my hips wondering if anyone else has had the same thing or can offer some insight to what the cause might be?

I've been training muay thai for about a month, and can just about (after some streching and warm up) reach the head for a right high kick. However, when I try and kick with the left leg, any higher than just an average low kick, I get a pain in the outside of my right hip and my ROM is much much smaller. It also means I can't get the snap on the mid-section kick without feeling some pain,

This didn't just come about one day, its been here since day one, so I'm certain it isn't a damaged muscle, thinking about going to the physio...

Any advice anyone?

Thanks.

do you get a clicking sound in that hip,could be itb syndrome
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_band_syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by macmac508 View Post
    I've been having a problem with one of my hips wondering if anyone else has had the same thing or can offer some insight to what the cause might be?

I've been training muay thai for about a month, and can just about (after some streching and warm up) reach the head for a right high kick. However, when I try and kick with the left leg, any higher than just an average low kick, I get a pain in the outside of my right hip and my ROM is much much smaller. It also means I can't get the snap on the mid-section kick without feeling some pain,

This didn't just come about one day, its been here since day one, so I'm certain it isn't a damaged muscle, thinking about going to the physio...

Any advice anyone?

Thanks.
    Yeah mate, I would go to a physio if I was you. It sounds like you may have tightness/muscular imbalance which will hopefully be eased with a good stretching and training routine. I would reccomend in the meantime you work in a comfortable range with your kicks not to stress the hip joint. Also if you are stretching to increase your flexibility remember that with an increase in range of movement you may want to also increase the control you have in that range. I hope you get it sorted soon mate and you can resume pain free training soon.
    If you put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

Gary 'Smiler' Turner
    Pro Fighter

Hi!

Can you walk normally? In which case you can kick cold to the head...you just have to remove the part of you that's holding you back on your kick...concentrate on releasing the blockage rather than the effort of working against it...a suggestion is to focus on the problem and not the symptom...

A physio and a chiro can help with any underlying problems and help you increase your ROM too which will give you better opportunity of kicking exactly how you want...

Hope this helps,

Smiler
    http://garysmilerturner.blogspot.com/

this sounds similar to what i did i went for a head kick and pulled my groin (felt like that) now i have this poppin feelin when i lower my leg slowly what could it be?
    30% Discount on Dianabol When you enter promotional code : R01DR4GE at bouncecup.com

i know im new but ive recently had a lot of injury problems, ive been out for 3 years and 2 major operations with knee injurys.

Anyway what your descriping sounds very much like a worn cartelage. i have this in my right knee. I could be totally wrong but it is very similar.

best advice is to see a doctor (not a physio) to diagnose the problem then allow the physio to help fix the problem

hope this helps

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Hi!

Can you walk normally? In which case you can kick cold to the head
    ...you just have to remove the part of you that's holding you back on your kick...concentrate on releasing the blockage rather than the effort of working against it...a suggestion is to focus on the problem and not the symptom...

A physio and a chiro can help with any underlying problems and help you increase your ROM too which will give you better opportunity of kicking exactly how you want...

Hope this helps,

Smiler
    http://garysmilerturner.blogspot.com/

could you go into this a little further please Gary?