Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMA In Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Evo View Post
    I emailed LeedsCage as they'd be easiest to get a bus to. They told me to just come along. I assume most people willtrain in shorts and tee? Will i be expected to bring any protection or will it not matter at first?

Thanks

Evo
    Get a boil n bite dude, people call me paranoid but I've seen ppl chip teeth from rolling lol hell I wear my gummy when doing technique

another option is Sindrome MMA in beeston, might be a bit far out for you though. just had a new gym made, very friendly bunch of lads check out www.sindromemma.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    Get a boil n bite dude, people call me paranoid but I've seen ppl chip teeth from rolling lol hell I wear my gummy when doing technique

I have a really basic boil and bite from doing Karate until my club folded. I'll take it along just incase.

Thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    You bloody arty types, while doing technique!? :P

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    You bloody arty types, while doing technique!? :P
    Haha, staying pretty is my priority

Had my first session at leedscage last saturday. Unfortunately not been this week as had a bereavement on monday. But, the session was great, was aching for a couple of days after. Will be going back tomorrow and then aim to go about 3 times a week dependant on what shift i'm doing. Felt a little awkward when it was time to pair up and i didn't know anyone, luckily i asked someone and they paired up with me. Otherwise i'd have been standing round looking a bit sheepish lol

Had my first session at leedscage last saturday. Unfortunately not been this week as had a bereavement on monday. But, the session was great, was aching for a couple of days after. Will be going back tomorrow and then aim to go about 3 times a week dependant on what shift i'm doing. Felt a little awkward when it was time to pair up and i didn't know anyone, luckily i asked someone and they paired up with me. Otherwise i'd have been standing round looking a bit sheepish lol
    I used to worry about that kind of thing, more often than not I can't train with my bro on the cardio side of things because hes too heavy for me so always have to mix partners up etc

I'm sure i'll make a few new mates there evebtually so all will be fine, really enjoyed the wrestling which surprised me. I always preferred stand up before

I'm sure i'll make a few new mates there evebtually so all will be fine, really enjoyed the wrestling which surprised me. I always preferred stand up before
    I've never taken to stand up ..... enjoy learning all things MMA but hate getting hit in face 0.o lol

nogi is awesome, someone other day described it to me as the balls out version of BJJ haha fast and furious!