Thread: clubs in fife

Default clubs in fife

I have the option to transfer in my job to Fife. (possibly glenrothes / kirckaldy areas)
    Suppose I should b looking at houses, good areas to live etc, but thought this was more important in deciding if I should go!

Can anyone recommend any good clubs to train at, either bjj/grappling, Kickboxing or dedicated mma gyms? (ones that will welcome a weegie! )

Cheers
    Last edited by al m; 25-04-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Urban disturbance is up that way. Jamie Henderson is there thai coach. looks like a good set up, and jamie is a nice guy as well. im sure u will be welcome there

Silverbacks! Head coach is Ryan Quinn with Dan Reid as the BJJ coach. Usually have a load of pro boxers training as well during the week and it has a sauna!!
    Silverbacks MMA

You've got Team Unity in Markinch and Edge in Kirkcaldy as well, fair bit of choice.
    BJJ Purple Belt\Adventurer\Lover of the female.

depending on where in Fife you end up living you have a few choices

Urban Disturbance (Glenrothes) - classes in Thai boxing, Judo, wrestling and submission grappling and fitness
    Team Unity (Markinch) - coaching from 2 really good BJJ Blue Belts, Darren and Stevie Clark
    Silverbacks (Dunfermline) - BJJ coaching from Dan Reid, BJJ purple belt, and a whole host of other classes
    Edge MMA (Kirkcaldy) - home to Steven Ray, arguably Scotland's number 1 Welterweight

if your in the north of Fife you also have the option to travel up to Dundee to Shooters or TNT if your in the south you could travel to Edinburgh to Alba Dornadair (Coaching from Wilie Scott, the godfather of Scottish MMA), Rick Young's (BJJ Blackbelt) or Headhunters (decent gym with a team of Thai boxers as well as MMA guys)
    Last edited by Romeoblood; 26-04-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge