Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious shoulder injury

Default Serious shoulder injury

I,m currently recovering from an AC seperation (grade 3) of my shoulder, it happened around 5 months ago. I've been doing some boxing and light rolling for around 1months now and seem to be starting to recovery however i am very weery of doing any mma/wrestling training as im so worried about reinjuring myself. I feel like 1 bad fall and i'd be out of action for good.

Basically im just curious if anyone else on the forum has experianced this type of injury, how well they recovered and how long did they wait before fighting again? Thanks

havent had that injury but have you tried Thai Oil which will help with the movement ~ you will need some one to massage it in.

Give me a pm with your address and I will send you a bottle out.

I use it on my Knee and it dosent stop the pain fully but it does help when tyring to move around.

I havn't tryed thai oil yet. Thats very kind of you. Thanks!!

just done a pm back mate ~ try it and let me know what you think

Can I have something for free?
    BJJ White belt, 2 stripes.

General badmotherfucker.

Did the same thing 6/7 weeks ago, I think a grade 2. No break or anything, according to the x rays. I started rolling 2 weeks back and had a reasonably heavy sparring session last week, but I reckon I am only 70%. I don't feel anywhere near being able to lift weights etc though.

Don't become completely inactive - I find that if I do some exercise then the next morning, it doesn't feel anywhere near as sore as when I don't do anything the night before...if that makes sense?

I tried all the nurofen gels and rubs but tbh none of them help too much, be keen to try (and pay for...!) some of that Thai oil though?

Quote Originally Posted by C.K.A.Martial Arts View Post
    havent had that injury but have you tried Thai Oil which will help with the movement ~ you will need some one to massage it in.

Give me a pm with your address and I will send you a bottle out.

I use it on my Knee and it dosent stop the pain fully but it does help when tyring to move around.
    this is one of the reasons why you have such a good reputation as a company, very helpful and friendly

Shoulder Injuries are sooo frustrating I dislocated mine twice during my first and only fight in 2007. I only got it sorted 3 month ago as i decided i wanted to train and fight again. I got a Bankart Procedure which is quite a big op. The price for stability tho was ROM which is now shocking I'm also wondering if anyone has had the same procedure and if they ever trained or faught again because right now i can never see it happening

Thanks

P.S.

Scar pic...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...9&id=521879248

What is ROM Joe?? I feel like that myself unsure if ill be able to compete in mma again.
    This is my x-ray pic http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000517474419

When rolling make sure your clear with your training partners about shoulder locks etc.

I had a serious shoulder injury about 2 months back, went through physio n shit to sort it.

Everytime someone went for a keylock id tap before it even being close - the pain of the slight torque on my shoulder was agony!
    This is not a gif. It is an actual video of Fedor doing infinate press ups.
    3-0-0