Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get big, cut down, keep power?

i know a lad in the gym that thinks the same hes been my sparring partner for 2 years and at the start of us training and fighting he was 80 and fighting at WW and i was 84 , from december 09 to february 2010 he was at 98kgs and getting bigger he thought he was improving , he was stronger but looked more fat than ripped,

currently he is tipping 101kg and he tried to cut quickly for a fight to 84 KG the mad head probably would have tried to get to 77 if the trainer didnt say he would probably kill himself, he lost weight but finished on 87kg so he couldnt fight, hes only semi pro aswell hewas proper weak and looked really flabby so he now has to make a decision, either lose it all and maintain a good weight for his division or fight at 94 kg

i fight at 77kg now and i can keep a weight of 85kg in training but i need to start losing gradually 3 weeks before the fight iv found ouut , i train with guys at 101kg and when i spar people my own size i out power them

tell your mate to stop talking crap
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

10 characters
    Last edited by Wiegieboard; 25-10-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Just realised which section of the forum this was on. Removed my post.
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

This is a really interesting thread for me, I'm 5'9 and pretty broad. i used to be about 118kg and was really unfit, I started training to lose weight and would like to fight eventually but really not sure at what weight.
    Last edited by pedrosuk; 28-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosuk View Post
    This is a really interesting thread for me, I'm 5'9 and pretty broad. i used to be about 118kg and was really unfit, I started training to lose weight and would like to fight eventually but really not sure at what weight.
    your quite a small heavy weight id say cut to 94kg LHW
    If size mattered, the elephant would be the king of the jungle, The mind is like a parachute -- it works best when it is open." - Rickson Gracie

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosuk View Post
    Really depends how much fat you're carrying. Best bet is to keep training, give it a few months and see what weight you're at. You should be able to get some better advice then regarding what weight you can realistically fight at.
    What weight are you currently at and how long have you been training?

i used to be 114kg , walk around now at about 89kg but can drop to 84 if need be, never been fitter

Couple of years ago I was 50kg, about 8 stone. I had a problem putting on weight due to Crohn's disease, I got a good diet in place, and good and smart training and now I'm 70kg.