Thread: iPhone 4Gs

Default iPhone 4Gs

With the huge difference in price between US and UK PAYG, can a iphone 4gs bought as a payg in the US work with a o2 contract Sim once its brought back to the UK?
    Will it need unlocking?

I would imagine it would need unlocking, like any other phone, Unless O2 have a dedicated carrier in the U.S then it should accept your sim card.

Ie. T-Mobile Operate in the U.S and UK , therefore, the handset should would with UK Tmobile sim.

in therory.....but this is Apple. So am not so sure. Give Apple a call, and sure they will help
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

I'm due an upgrade this week, might get this badboy.

the iphone is awesome, this 4th one is bound to rock! damn it! only 1 year to go before I can upgrade!
    I don't believe in belts. There should be no ranking system for toughness.

Im about a year................... and six months off.........

Quote Originally Posted by MrHillman View Post
    the iphone is awesome, this 4th one is bound to rock! damn it! only 1 year to go before I can upgrade!
    I'm the same!!

But, got a tip from one of the call-centre blokes at O2 the other day when I phoned to lose a bundle from my contract that I dont use.

Basically, he reckons that as I've been with O2 for a year, I can knck the contract price down gradually each month until it's almost nowt #9couple of quid or something), keep it going but sign up to a new decent contract with the new phone!!!

Not sure if I can be arsed ringing them every month to drop the tarriff though.

u need to get it unlocked or do it youself its not hard then u can use a uk sim ... uk, france and canada the pay as you go iphones come sim free and carrier free if you want but its totally diffrent in the states they are locked to AT&T so you get the choice get a factory unlocked from UK then your warranty isnt compromised or get one from the states unlock it yourself with spirit or pwnage tools and risk voiding your warranty which is what im doing
    wax on wax off

Quote Originally Posted by clarky14 View Post
    I'm the same!!

But, got a tip from one of the call-centre blokes at O2 the other day when I phoned to lose a bundle from my contract that I dont use.

Basically, he reckons that as I've been with O2 for a year, I can knck the contract price down gradually each month until it's almost nowt #9couple of quid or something), keep it going but sign up to a new decent contract with the new phone!!!

Not sure if I can be arsed ringing them every month to drop the tarriff though.
    this is why i started lowering mine a couple of months ago lol end of this month im lowering to 10 a month tariff then cancel it so im only paying about 90 quid to terminate early
    wax on wax off