Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New London gym: Urban Kings

its a pleasure to have pete irving teaching at this new gym...his knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport is top draw...leos level speaks for itself...its early doors but the more good lads that get down the better...the faciliites are quality...ive trained in some proper dumps, trust me...and yeah its good for the soul but to train somewhere so professional in setup can only up your game..mats, cage, sauna, conditioning eqp galore, no moss or toadstools growing in the shower...its all good

I've trained under pete before, well up until He left for london and obviously haven't trained under every teacher in the country but I find it hard to believe there's one with more technical knowledge, If you baulk at the price you don't know what your missing, He's a quality coach and bloke who's demanding of his students, why wouldn't you want to train under someone like that, and like everyone else say's leo's reputation precedes him, I haven't got down to london but by the pics it looks smart, If your serious about training it could be well worth the money

Saw posters for it all over the underground (the tube not the MMA site) at the weekend.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

I joined a few days ago, and my membership number is in the mid-20s. There were quite a few people signing up that day for 12 months contracts. At 95/month (it's gone up from 1 July), it's great value for money. The sessions are like personal training with small groups and great trainers. The facilities are really great - a large gym area with punchbags, treadmills, weights and a full size boxing ring, a larged matted room which can be divided into 2. Everything is high quality, clean and looks good. The changing rooms are quite luxurious, with gels shampoos and creams provided, and a sauna. BTW the wrestling trainer, Arek, is very very good. For me it's the nice surroundings, convenient location (1 minute from KX tube), the small exclusive feel to the place and the classes, and the wide range of classes I want to do (BJJ, wrestling, MMA), there's also boxing Thaiboxing K1 etc etc, all included in the monthly cost. Very good value in my opinion.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    Does anybody know who the coaches are? Leo Negao is the BJJ coach that is all I know.

there is pete irving, tom davenport, svetlana writtle, jon durrant, mariusz slowinski, martin holgate and a few more

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    who are the wrestling/ striking coaches?

Arek Arkadiusz Brzozowiec and Pete Irving

The joining fee is now 150, so considerably lower. The standard of the classes are very high which is reflected in the price. Depends on what you want out of a gym it is functional around MMA, if your interested in having 20 treadmills i suggest virgin active.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardman View Post
    I joined a few days ago, and my membership number is in the mid-20s. There were quite a few people signing up that day for 12 months contracts. At 95/month (it's gone up from 1 July), it's great value for money. The sessions are like personal training with small groups and great trainers. The facilities are really great - a large gym area with punchbags, treadmills, weights and a full size boxing ring, a larged matted room which can be divided into 2. Everything is high quality, clean and looks good. The changing rooms are quite luxurious, with gels shampoos and creams provided, and a sauna. BTW the wrestling trainer, Arek, is very very good. For me it's the nice surroundings, convenient location (1 minute from KX tube), the small exclusive feel to the place and the classes, and the wide range of classes I want to do (BJJ, wrestling, MMA), there's also boxing Thaiboxing K1 etc etc, all included in the monthly cost. Very good value in my opinion.
    God thinks you possibly own the gym.
    God is sponsered by SBMMA.co.uk. For real.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God thinks you possibly own the gym.
    God shud know if he owns the gym
    After being knocked out. Ref:what is your name? Yoshida:wednesday

Please. This gym has top facilities and top trainers but its fucking expensive. Deal with it, thats the reality of the gym. The owners need to just admit it, the poeple who use it need to admit they have more cash then most and the rest need to STFU and go to a smaller more affordable gym till we get paid like we deserve.