Thread: (Probably another) thread about money

Default (Probably another) thread about money

Is it even possible to make any as an amatuer, if you fought at every possible chance? Would turning semi-pro or pro make much of a difference for the money making?

I know mma is shite pay for the amount of training most put in... But just posting this anyway. I'm not going to lay... I've had a few beers.

I don't know any amateurs that train full time.
    Doubtful that any fighters would stay fighting AM for a long period of time, most fighters are jumping straight in at semi-pro
    but in short.. no, I don't think you could make a lot of money from fighting amateur

Well, how about semi-pro, pro? Assuming you were good but not fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by bednpound View Post
    Well, how about semi-pro, pro? Assuming you were good but not fucking good.
    I would train until I was 'fucking good' before quitting my job

Yeah but in this situation, you've no job to quit.

Ahh my mate Leon was in that situation. Left the army due to personal reasons (his brother died). Fought on the 'amateur' circuit to raise some money to give to his sister in law.. made a fair bit of cash.. He was sponsored by some business woman though

I trained Muay Thai full time to avenger my now crippled brother who was injured by the then champion.

Quote Originally Posted by vileniall View Post
    I trained Muay Thai full time to avenger my now crippled brother who was injured by the then champion.
    Sorry to hear that Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by vileniall View Post
    are you the plot of the movie kickboxer by any chance?

watching that movie always left me wondering where the plot had gone, who would have guessed it had been hiding out here on cagewarriors all this time.

the answer to the op's question is no.

you cannot fight enough times to make the small-shows undercard pay grades worth your while.

Also its not smart to just fight often, best to get noticed in the smallest amount of fights possible, each time you move up a pay grade. there is no benefit to staying under the radar and getting beaten up a lot.

The only way it would be viable is if you fought regularly and got ticket deals on every fight. But then you'd have to bring loads of mates who'd be paying money to watch you fight. That will never last, and basically they're paying for you to train full time, but with a premium and they get to watch you.

Can't really see it happening, to be honest. @_@

Take care,

Oli
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble