Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite live bands?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    One Minute Silence
    Oh shit good call! I saw them in Cheltenham and Reading back around '98 time and they were awesome. Both venues were really small club type places and both were wicked shows. Their bassist is like a tasmanian devil on stage lol.

lynrd skynrd were the best bad id seen just for freebird.

i also enjoyed seeing oasis, the prodigy, i get stick but Paulo Nutini was good too

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    SOAD and Deftones are 2 of my favourites bands, but both can be very hot or cold when it comes to seeing them live.

Agree with you on Deftones. They were on form at the weekend, but I've seen them before and been really disappointed.
    Dan Hardy talks Swick, GSP and Daley and trains with new thai coach at Libery gym in Nottingham HERE

Oh shit good call! I saw them in Cheltenham and Reading back around '98 time and they were awesome. Both venues were really small club type places and both were wicked shows. Their bassist is like a tasmanian devil on stage lol.
    One of the best gigs I have ever been to was OMS supported by Pulkas in a tiny venue. Pulkas were awesome then OMS absolutely smashed them. Unbelieveable gig and I was right at the front, sweaty as fuck by the end.

Another awesome gig was Crowbar and Soilent Green in the Camden Underworld. Brutal music and a brutal pit.

Metallica are always amazing. Same goes for Tool but for some different reasons. Saw John Mayer the other day and loved it, very laid back but with a rock type vibe.

Black Sabbath on their first two reunion gig nights in Birmingham (98 or 99 I think?) were amazing. Shame that Ozzy was shit the last few times I saw them

Worst performances I've seen were Lostprophets (totally out of time, horrible), Deftones (Chino can't sing, music was a mess) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (how not to do a stadium gig, left early). Absolute worst ever was Antiproduct opening a day at Download... made me feel like killing myself, luckily Black Label Society came on after them and turned it around.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

That was my 1st gig in 99. Also saw them with Pulkas who were quality and saw both of them again at Dynamo festival in holland.

Also saw Bon Jovi a few years ago who were really good, and Tyr who I saw last year were brilliant!
    Last edited by Luke; 17-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Rob T: Great musical taste. Would love to see Crowbar live. Had a ticket to see Black Label Society a few years back too but the bastards cancelled a few months before they were supposed to play

Havent seen many bands, usually go along with mates who really wanna see someone play
    Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Stonesour and KISS were all pretty good. KISS put on a great show!

No doubt at all in my mind.

O'Rappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
    Rob T: Great musical taste. Would love to see Crowbar live. Had a ticket to see Black Label Society a few years back too but the bastards cancelled a few months before they were supposed to play
    Haha, cheers dude. I have been to a lot of gigs. I would try to list all the bands I've seen but there is no way I'd remember them all. Don't go to as many these days (was much easier to do when I was a student!) sadly.

Saw the other day that Skunk Anansie are touring later in the year so I will probably try to catch them in Bristol.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

RATM
    Reuben
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    The Liars
    Shellac
    Jeffrey Lewis
    AC/DC
    Escanna
    Jetplane Landing
    Milk Kan
    Scarlet Soho