Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite live bands?

Bloc Party! I've seen them at Sheffield (x2), Manchester and Chicago. Awesomenessnessness.

Oasis are amazing live, but The Prodigy are the best I have seen. Saw them in Newcastle Arena in 2004 which was pretty awesome, but then saw them in the Sheffield O2 which is only around 2000 capacity, that was pretty mental!

Manic Street Preachers were good but nothing to go mad about, but are awesome to just stand and watch, but thats not what I like to do at gigs!

i went to a festival that had prodigy and arctic monkeys headlining over here a few years ago. arctic monkeys were sound, on one of the big main stages, but for some fucking bizarre reason prodigy wasn't put on either of the two massive stages with basically an entire football pitch in front of them. instead prodigy were the last act and place on a tiny stage out behind the big stages.
    a person died and several more nearly did because of the crush, literally it was scary, 15,000 people trying to cram towards an area no wider than 50 metres cordoned off by high fences. made even worse was 100 metres away from the stage the fucking organisers had bottle necked it, so we have another 5,000 people trying to cram through the tiny bottle neck (wide enough for two people) to get closer to the stage (couldn't see fuck all from that distance). people were getting crushed against fences, falling over and getting trod on, only 3 security guards at the bottle neck trying to tell everyone to go back.
    suddenly people get fed up and just start scaling the fences and climbing on the food vans etc, only a handful of security trying to drag people down etc.
    it was fucking chaos.

all that whilst the biggest stage and the huge field lay totally empty.
    got seperated from my mates and me and the mrs ended up watching prodigy on the big screen, gutted couldn't get close.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    One of the best gigs I have ever been to was OMS supported by Pulkas in a tiny venue. Pulkas were awesome then OMS absolutely smashed them. Unbelieveable gig and I was right at the front, sweaty as fuck by the end.
    Yeah Pulkas were the support act when I saw them too. When we went to see them in Reading, OMS's singer had a fucked throat so couldn't do the gig so Pulkas got to play a full set which was awesome. Then OMS did another gig there for all the ticketholders a few weeks later which, again, was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    Yeah Pulkas were the support act when I saw them too. When we went to see them in Reading, OMS's singer had a fucked throat so couldn't do the gig so Pulkas got to play a full set which was awesome. Then OMS did another gig there for all the ticketholders a few weeks later which, again, was awesome.
    was this in camden? i think i was there

I listened to the Pulkas album the other night... it's shit, but they were awesome live.

Were Breed77 the opening act on that tour?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

not a big name, in fact id be suprised if any1 outside of the northeast had heard of them, but favorate band ive seen live is a band called the zoo. awesome band and have recently just released an album and there debut single called together crazy which is amazing.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

some of the best gigs I've been to are
    Iron Maiden, Donnington 1988
    Metallica, Justice Tour, Black Album tour and Load tour (where they played almost in the round and faked a roadie blowing up and catching fire) plus a Milton Keynes Big Day Out
    Rolling Stones at Wembley
    Freddie Mercury Tribute gig
    AC/DC, Offspring, Megadeth and QOTSA (who sucked) at MK Bowl
    Green Day at MK Bowl
    Iron Maiden Download
    Joe Satriani several times including a G3 with Steve Vai

Some of the best support bands and club gigs along the way
    GnR, Kiss, Thunder, Nuclear Assault, Terrorvision, Sepultura, Marylin Manson, Less Than Jake, The Darkness, Reel Big Fish, Bowling For Soup, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Gary Moore, Cinderella, Little Angels
    I could go on and on, but you get the idea
    Last edited by AdamM; 17-06-2010 at 07:39 PM.

I don't get to see many bands any more, but here's a few off the top of my head that I enjoyed;

Reel Big Fish in Birmingham, must have been about 2003-4, was awesome, small venue, crazy atmosphere and Goldfinger were supporting.

Marillion acoustic set last year. It was at some posh hall in London, went with my girlfriends dad who is a huge fan, they are just so so good at what they do, and the way they re-worked all the songs was really cool.

King Prawn. These guys seem all but forgotten now, but they were by far the best live band I have seen, the atmosphere they would create was amazing. Maybe it was just because of how young I was when I used to go to their gigs, but still, I can't think of a time I've had more fun than at a King Prawn gig.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

I've also seen Natasha Bedingfield, the Sugababes and Beyonce live (self BEEP!).