Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite live bands?

Quote Originally Posted by simonmobiledisco View Post
    was this in camden? i think i was there
    No mate it was a venue in Reading...can't for the life of me remember the name of it

Killswitch Enagage were unbelievably good, as are A Day To Remember, and 36 Crazyfists. Smaller venues which meant it was so much better.
    My bro went to see Snow Patrol last year, and said they were completely amazing.
    Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by purist View Post
    No mate it was a venue in Reading...can't for the life of me remember the name of it
    It must have been on the same tour, i saw them play the worlds end or at least we were drinking with them there and interviewed OMS for a friends fanzine.

In my Nordic black metal phase I saw Mahem play and they chucked razors into the crown.

Cathedral are one of the most fun bands to see live and Lee Dorian is hillarious.

Come to think of it At The Gates destroyed it when i saw them.

In a bizarre event I ended up singing for Sugar Ray at garage in highbury.

Slayer were good. White Zombie were too good, wasn't convinced they didn't have a backing track. When I saw Fear factory they definitely had a backing track.

Mondo Generator at the LA2 a few years back. And the Hellacopters at the same place. Saw John Garcia doing Kyuss songs a couple of weeks ago at the Melkweg (fucking excellent venue, by the way) in Amsterdam and it was awesome beyond belief.

P.S. On a different note, John Scofield in New York doing Ray Charles numbers is up there as well.

Rob T, I saw Antiproduct at Camden Palace once and they made me want to gouge out my own eyes and throw them at the stage. Fucking awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I've also seen Natasha Bedingfield, the Sugababes and Beyonce live (self BEEP!).
    I once saw Ronan Keating. What do I win?
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurning; 18-06-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simonmobiledisco View Post
    Cathedral are one of the most fun bands to see live and Lee Dorian is hillarious.
    Fuckin' hell, that's a name I haven't heard for years!

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurning View Post
    Mondo Generator at the LA2 a few years back. And the Hellacopters at the same place. Saw John Garcia doing Kyuss songs a couple of weeks ago at the Melkweg (fucking excellent venue, by the way) in Amsterdam and it was awesome beyond belief.
    Goddamn. Would love to see Mondo Generator. I've seen QOTSA 3 times (each time they all looked totally fucked but played awesome) but none of the other Kyuss linked bands.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurning View Post
    Rob T, I saw Antiproduct at Camden Palace once and they made me want to gouge out my own eyes and throw them at the stage. Fucking awful.
    To be fair, when I said they made me feel like killing myself, it was probably an understatement!! How can a band be devoid of any musical talent yet still get to play decent sized gigs? Does dressing up like fucking idiots really help that much?!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

the best live song ever imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i31Out2eYmk
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

to continue the thread who are the bands/musicians you've seen live personally?

myself i'm not really a big festival/concert type person but i've seen Oasis twice, Prodigy (although as mentioned in earlier post didn't get close and ended up watching big screen), Greenday, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Tiesto. a few others i wouldn't normally care about like kaiser chiefs etc at the half a dozen festivals i've been to but i'd like to be able to name a few more big bands i've seen.
    "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war"
    GFT

Best gig iv been to was Machine head supporting Metallica.
    Both were beyond awesome.

Next was a small gig with Amon Amarth were we met the band, fucking awesome
    MMA is not a charity