Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250 prize! cash!, amature welterweight tournament.

Default 250 prize! cash!, amature welterweight tournament.

As seen on previouse thread, we now have a confirmed date and website active.

Welterweight tournament 250 cash prize for winner, amatuar rules MMA!

tournament to be held in South wales ( venue TBC ) 2nd october 2010.

spectator tickets on the door 15

fighter entry to be confirmed before tournament!

anyone interested in competing and winning 250 on the first Fight League,

go to

www.legendsfightleague.co.uk

register fighters by contacting Lee or myself through the website or PM this thread!

Goodluck!

J

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

u got pm
    thanks shaky

looks great, when will entry close?

we are aiming for 30 fighters from around 8 - 10 clubs. once we hit the 30 we are closing entry.

we aim for tournament style with knockout and no repercharge.

a fighter reaching the final should look at getting four fights......

that will be a serious test for any amateur fighter

J

ttt for this

should be great event for the amatures to show some skills. too many people jumping in at semi pr and pro now before gaining amature experiance, along with the ml and grapple and strike amature events this will be a great opertunity.

show some support
    falcons martial arts

FAO. Juliet: I can recall that you've spelled 'Amateur' incorrectly on numerous occasions in so many of you're posts. I tell you this not to poke fun, but simply to educate and aid you in portraying yourself as a professional person with aspirations of hosting events and becoming very successful in doing so. Some may think; 'well if they don't have a competent enough brain to even talk/spell correctly are we to expect them to organize and run event in the same way'. So do not take this criticism as a dig at you, but merely making you aware of it.

That aside, I think your ideas are brilliant.. Sounds like a really cool/innovative set-up. Knock-out Style Tournament for Amateur fighters, awesome! A wealth of experience is to be gained from this and I predict this could be very successful, cannot wait for this to happen!

P.S. Is it same day weigh-ins? All fights on the same Day? Will there only be prizes for the eventual winner? What kind of fight experience are you looking for? Such as fighters with only 0-5 fights experience ..etc.. Because if there are fighters who've had say 8-10+ fights won't be unfair to the fighters with only 0-3 fights ..etc??

GG
    Last edited by GreekGod; 25-06-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

surly you only need 16 fighters as this will mean that the winner will have to fight 4 times which in its self is a big ask
    there will also be no shin guards so i dont see many people getting to the final uninjured.
    32 fighters in one weight division WILL NOT happen mate i assure you.
    they will be dropping out like flies
    surly a 16 or 8 man tounament would make more sense with a few individual amateur bouts at different weights making up the card
    just my thoughts

Can kind of agree with you there, to be honest, Shaky. I've barely seen a full Welterweight division at Combat Sports or Grapple & Strike hit 30. And there will be injuries here and there, as stated.

Personally, 16 man, one night, shin guards compulsory and you've got a good setup for a tournament.

It's not going to be 100% fair, but...at least you have a chance of seeing some good fights and a proper winner at the end of the night. @_@

Or, to put it less excitingly...I agree with Shaky.

@_@

Take care,

Oli
    Grappling Record: 215 W (134 SUBs) - 85 L (13 SUBs) - 2 D
    Amateur MMA Record: 15 W (14 SUBs) - 0 L - 2 D

The Jiujitsu Game - A Competitor's Videolog

Proudly sponsored by Black Eagle & Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
    FAO. Juliet: I can recall that you've spelled 'Amateur' incorrectly on numerous occasions in so many of you're posts. I tell you this not to poke fun, but simply to educate and aid you in portraying yourself as a professional person with aspirations of hosting events and becoming very successful in doing so. Some may think; 'well if they don't have a competent enough brain to even talk/spell correctly are we to expect them to organize and run event in the same way'. So do not take this criticism as a dig at you, but merely making you aware of it.

That aside, I think your ideas are brilliant.. Sounds like a really cool/innovative set-up. Knock-out Style Tournament for Amateur fighters, awesome! A wealth of experience is to be gained from this and I predict this could be very successful, cannot wait for this to happen!

P.S. Is it same day weigh-ins? All fights on the same Day? Will there only be prizes for the eventual winner? What kind of fight experience are you looking for? Such as fighters with only 0-5 fights experience ..etc.. Because if there are fighters who've had say 8-10+ fights won't be unfair to the fighters with only 0-3 fights ..etc??

GG
    Hi, thankyou for your detailed observation of previouse posts

first of all, we have advertised for more fighters than needed becouse we do not want to be in a possition where fighters drop out!, dont turn up and register resulting in a event being very unsuccesful or not even happening!

something we have not disclosed is that there is room for two prize monies to be won.....

if the event proves popular and we have more than 12 fighters in the event we will host two tournaments, that evening! two prize monies!

this will reduce the amount of fights that each fighter gets.....

for example if we have 16 fighters turn up....we will host two 8 man tournaments!!!!! simple

this also removes the risk factor that shaky spoke of two the fighters having too many fights!

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post

GG
    in regards to details of the event, weigh in is same day

All fights on same day

mixed experiance, fighters will be matched as evenly as possible during preliminary fights!

on the grounds of the event offering a prize money we are expecting that amateur fighters applying are going to be confident in their ability!

As for MMA record, ive seen first times take down experianced fighters, so we are not limiting this event to fighters with particular amateur fight records.

anyone with a proffesional fight cannot register

fighters who have faught semi pro can enter providing they have only had 1 win.

cheers guys for the creative critisism

hope last two posts answer some of the questions!

J