Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enthusiastic or stupid?

steve_langford

Default Enthusiastic or stupid?

Do you consider people that train through injury or sickness enthusiastic or stupid? Im talking pretty big things like broken bones or nasty sickness things like chest infections and flu.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    Do you consider people that train through injury or sickness enthusiastic or stupid? Im talking pretty big things like broken bones or nasty sickness things like chest infections and flu.
    I think if you can pass stuff on thats not very nice 0.o

A bit of both

Sickness is just fucking annoying. Anyone who comes training with a contagious disease is a twat.

Injury depends on the extent of it and how experienced they are.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Sickness is generally a no for me, esp if I could give it to someone else.

Injury depends, a minor knock then train smart about it, broken bones, torn anything etc then stop for the sake of taking 4-5 weeks of training to having grief constantly later in life its not worth it to me.

Sickness is stupidity. Contagious to others and 9times out of 10 your body needs recovery.
    Injury, (mostly) you can train around.
    I made the stupid decision of "training through" and now I am looking at a 3 month healing process, but that is a back injury - a lot of other hings you can work around.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I generally train through injuries, fuck them, I don't get ill, my beard protects me
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I trained after not letting a pulled ac joint heal properly, now when I do dumbell flys or anything like that my sholder clicks and is in serious pain for few seconds, so I would say it's stupid training through injury

I'm addicted, i think i'd go crazy if i didn't train for the amount of time needed to let it heal properly. I'm itching to train if i miss one session (3 days without) ...

I have pathetically weak bones which break all the time. eg. in last 2 months 2 broken fingers, broken rib, dislocated knuckle, sprained ankle, massive bruising. they're all relatively minor so i just train through them (much as i regret it afterwards). I'm young so i dont really think about the future and think im invincible. On the plus side i broke my finger when i was 13 and so when ever i relaxed it it went off in a funny dirrection now i've re broken it and its back to normal (ish)

I trained through a sprained ankle three years ago. Wore a brace and ignored the pain. It never really healed properly and still isn't as strong as my left one to this day.

I vote stupid.